Mayerling Hotel Madrid

914 20 15 80
Mayerling Hotel - xmas tree at the lobby
Mayerling Hotel - breakfast spread
Mayerling Hotel - breakfast spread
Mayerling Hotel - this was my room (which faces the inside of the hotel)

Check Madrid Hotel Deals

Mayerling Hotel Madrid Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Chic & basic stay Feb 05, 2017
Mayerling Hotel Madrid previously known as Chic & Basic Mayerling is really as the name suggests, a chic and basic hotel. We book 3 rooms for our group of 6. We were all located on the same floor with 2 rooms facing the street at level 1. My room was facing indoor but was right above the breakfast area.

Pros:

Location is walking distance to the Opera, 7 mins walk to Plaza Mayor

Situated in between 2 metro lines

Incl. breakfast or you pay EUR5 for breakfast which is very cheap

Attentive staff at breakfast - 1 staff but she really makes sure that theres enough croissants, bread, cheese, churros (which is provided every alternative day to croissants)

One can help yourself to the free water, coffee or tea making facilities at the breakfast are all day

Facilities are modern design but very basic

Cons:

Because of its location which is close to restaurants and bars and the fact that Madrid people dont sleep til its very late, noise from the street of cars, people talking can be heard if you are sleeping with a room facing the street.

I was sleeping in my room above the breakfast area so if someone were to be taking a very early breakfast - I can hear the conversation.

Rooms are as expected - basic so no carpeting and this was winter so the floor is too cold to walk barefeet and no room slippers are provided

In some rooms, the WC, the shower room and washing sink for brushing teeth are situated separately from each other. i.e when you enter the room, you immediately see the washing sink & mirror and you have 2 doors, one for WC & one for shower - odd design as in my mom's and my aunty's room (these rooms face the street) Unfortunately i cannot find the picture for their room to upload here.

Overall for the price we paid and for quick city trip I would recommend this hotel.
this was my room (which faces the …
breakfast spread