May Kaidee

08 9137 3173

May Kaidee Bangkok Reviews

sugarose sugarose
Awesome food, Well deserve rep Oct 09, 2011
Read about this place in my lonely planet book and i must say the rep is well deserved. The prices were fair and the food was delicious. I had some seitan with seeweed in coconut milk and it was delish! The thai iced tea also was the best i ever had. Now i know what you are thinking...im not a vegetarian and how do they manage to make veggie food taste good? The answer is i dont know but i dont care. I am a vegetarian but kind of a fake one as i stuff cooked in chicken broth etc sometimes so it was kind of suprising to taste food that was vegetarian that was so flavorful. Also seaweed didnt sound tasty to me but it was.I will return when in thailand again.
skinny_phil skinny_p…
Excellent, tasty & cheap vegetarian & vegan food. Sep 29, 2009
First of all, I am not a vegetarian. I love nothing better than a chicken curry or big steak and I'm normally reluctant to enter a vegetarian restaurant. Allow me a brief explanation as to how my friends and I did end up here...

We were walking away from our guest house on the same road looking for somewhere to eat. We spied this place and decided to check out the menu. Before we could, two women told us how delicious the food was and that we would not regret eating there, despite the lack of meat! We duly sat down.

Over came the lady herself, May Kaidee. She was extremely friendly and recommended we sample lots of the menu and that her chef would rustle up a platter for us Vegie doubters. Perfectly Tempora battered vegetable, the best Masaman curry I have tasted (and it was just veg!) and plenty of tasty food later... we were stuffed.

As a side note, May has set up another restaurant in Chang Mai - a testament to her success. She also sells a cookery book containing all her lovely recipes.

Another side note - the women who beckoned us into the place, it turned out, were from the same county as us back home in England and even guessed which High School we had attended once we told her where abouts we were from. Very strange, 6000 miles from home!
sylviandavid says:
Great review.... sounds like the perfect place! Sylvia
Posted on: Sep 29, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About May Kaidee

Chiang Mai - Round One
Getting out of Bangkok is always good news no matter where you're heading but Chiang Mai was a welcome relief for us veggies. There are so many excellent food options here and arriving at the station…Bangkok veggie institution called May Kaidees' here too. We can almost feel our bodies making preparations for the extra pounds…

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals