May Guesthouse

Check Nyaung Shwe Hotel Deals

May Guesthouse Nyaung Shwe Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
May Guest house Feb 19, 2013
I stayed in this guesthouse a couple of years ago as the first guesthouse I booked was fully book and I have to move out for two nights before returning to the first guesthouse. The guesthouse building located opposite the monastery at the small alleyway, and I can hear the monk chanting at night time and early in the morning. The street toward the guesthouse was dark at night time as no street light and I need a torch if I go out at night time.

The reception is a young man who speaks good English and he shows me the room before I confirm and pay as I just showed up there without reservation. He is a son or cousin of the guesthouse owner and the mother who owns the guest house is very friendly but couldn’t speak English at all. The room itself was not bad, I thought it was very reasonably and very cheap for the price of usd 8 for single en-suite room and I still get big room with twin bed with basic amenities such as small and thin towel without soap or shampoo. The price of the room is inclusive breakfast and the breakfast is tasty and plentiful, consist of toast, eggs (usually omelets or fried), fruits, tea and coffee and they serve breakfast in the garden. I like the garden; it is spacious, peaceful and beautiful with birds sing at the top of the trees and I see some of the guest relaxing and just read a book at the garden.

If you stay here, do not expect anything fancy, as the room is very basic, probably same as other guesthouse around the area; the bed is okay, I can sleep on it. However the shower is in need of renovation, the water pressure is not strong enough and pretty much trickle and no hot water from memory, it is only luke warm water.

The guesthouse able to arrange boat tour, picks up taxi to and from airport, and free of charge luggage service if you plan to go to other area.

Check Nyaung Shwe Hotel Deals