Max's Restaurant

Maharlika Hi-way Calihan, San Pablo, Philippines

Max's Restaurant San Pablo Reviews

Jamal1280 Jamal1280
Awesome Chicken, Phenomenal Flan Oct 20, 2010
This restaurant was right next to my hotel in San Pablo. The Childfund staff that was traveling with me told me that this place is famous in the Philippines for its chicken. The staff wasn't staying at the hotel with me, so I was on my own that night for food.

The service was very good here. The waiting staff was very attentive and moved quickly and getting my food to me. I ordered their famous chicken, which was moist, saucy and somewhat spicy. It was delicious; I quickly understood why Max's is known for its chicken. I also ordered a side of rolls with butter and macaroni salad. The salad was pretty standard, but good. The rolls were not as good as I had hoped, especially since they were cold. :(

I topped my meal off with their dessert sampler, which consisted of a brownie with ice cream on top, a coconut gelatinous treat topped and filled with some good tasting purple stuff (I can't remember what it was called), some sago-soup like dessert, and caramel flan.

The coconut thing and the soup were good, and the brownie and ice cream was superb. But the flan was out of this world.

I live in South Florida, where the Hispanic population is very high. So flan is fairly easy to get here, and I've had it many times. But when I tell you that the flan at Max's is flat out the best flan I've ever eaten, I'm serious as a heart attack.

The texture and taste were spot on. I've often had flan that tasted too eggy or too custardy, but Max's flan was a perfect balance of the two, with the caramel as a bonus. I savored every bite of it. It was so great, I had to call the waiter over and tell him about it LOL.

If you're traveling to the Philippines, the good news is that Max's Restaurant operates many franchises in the nation, so you don't have to go to San Pablo to dine at one. Check out the Web site for locations.
Pretty good meal. I wish the rolls…
The dessert sampler. Clockwise fro…

Check San Pablo Hotel Deals