Maxine's Chicken and Waffles

132 N East Street, Indianapolis, IN, USA

Maxine's Chicken and Waffles Indianapolis Reviews

vulindlela vulindle…
Yummy food! May 08, 2011
Maxine's is tiny and crazy inside but the food is awesome!

I had the chicken and waffles and they were great. The chicken wings had lots of meat on them. You can get many flavors of waffles, like chocolate, banana, ans sweet potato.

I chose the sweet potato and it was very tasty. It comes with peach butter and syrup.

We were here as part of the Indianapolis Travelbuddy meet-up and it everything that our group ordered all looked good.

My wife had the same as I but she also ordered a side of collard greens. They were very good and a little spicy.

They handled our large group very well and the service was great!

Hope to return soon!
Sign
Sam(Sam76) in front of Maxine's
My meal
jenmarie77 says:
I've been here once, and was amazed. The place does not look impressive from the outside, but once you step inside you feel right at home. And so tasty!
Posted on: May 14, 2011
montecarlostar says:
Chicken wings, yummy!
Posted on: May 11, 2011
Flyinhigh says:
Damn, I totally missed out on the collard greens.
Posted on: May 11, 2011
pearcetoyou pearceto…
Chicken and Waffles...Interesting Combo Jun 01, 2011
Maxine's Chicken and Waffles restaurant in Indianapolis was the final venue for our meetup. We met here for brunch on Sunday. The place was packed with people, so I figured any place that is super busy is usually pretty good. Part of the reason for how busy they were, I suspect, was because it was Mother's Day.

I admit that I have never heard of that combination before...chicken and waffles. They just don't seem to compliment each other like, for example, peanut butter and jelly. Maxine's advertises itself as a 'soul food' establishment, so I am guessing that waffles and chicken fits in that category.

We weren't able to put any tables together, so we were spread out at three different spots. They serve you little pancakes as the appetizer with a mysterious sweet spread. I ordered some eggs and a strawberry waffle. The waffle was just average, the service was good, but the company is what made it a great meal.

Check Indianapolis Hotel Deals