Maverick City Lodge

(1) 793 1605

Check Budapest Hotel Deals

Maverick City Lodge Budapest Reviews

Vikram Vikram
Location, comfort and facilities - what more could you possibly need?! Sep 18, 2015
It's when one stays in hostels like this that one rediscovers the joys of a hostel in a foreign town. I could say so many good things about Maverick I'm afraid I'll end up writing a book!

Location - couldn't get better. It's smack dub in the middle of the hottest ruinbars, food trucks, bars and restaurants in the heart of Budapest. Yes, it's touristy. But let's be honest - as a foreigner, wouldn't you like to be able to hang around in a bar till 2am knowing you're safe as the streets have police surveillance! It's close to the bus and the Metro, and the whole Manhattan grid-like arrangement is simply a delight to walk around. So lively, makes anyone wish they were a decade or 2 younger.

The staff - the "soft" product is as important as the "hard" one. And that's where this hostel shines. The staff are extremely helpful and really take helping guests like it were something personal. Very prompt, courteous and helpful. And yes, they all speak very good English. My taxi didn't arrive from the airport on time, and when I called up the hostel (who'd booked it), they booked another one promptly, and called me back to confirm. Another time, I was stuck at another town and couldn't access the Internet and called up for railway timings - they accessed the Internet and gave me the times immediately!

The beds - incredible again. Very clean, ample room by the cots to store your personal belongings, ample locker space. The best part is that each of the bunker beds comes with curtains so you can block light off if wanting to sleep early. Rooms have keycard access and are ridiculously safe.

Facilities - brilliant kitchen, cosy yet well stocked and spacious. Free hot beverages. Super super internet speed and free wifi.

Socialising - I happened to meet the owner, he already owns a hostel close by and it does so well that he opened another. He said he wanted to bring back the communal feel that's been lost in this iPhone and Facebook era. Well, he sure hit the mark. The hostel organises free wine tasting, all kinds of events to get folks together. And how it works! Plus, the reception area is so inviting there would be days I'd get ready to hit the town in the evening but end up spending time in the reception.

Bathrooms - the only area I'd fault it. Not because they weren't clean or anything, but there were just so many people it would start to look used and in need of a clean almost always.

Also, I have to call out but this is one of the few hostels that has embraced accessibility (for the physically challenged) and is very proud of it. I was very impressed.

All in all, this hostel itself made my stay in Budapest SO DAMN WORTH IT.
The amazing lounge
The very private bunker beds
The kitchen
This was kinda cool, people who've…
itravel1 says:
I stayed at a Maverick as well. Very happy with my choice, although yours look brand new. I was closer to the river just a half block from Vaci.
Paulovic says:
Wow! You're doing a great job Curry Vikky! Two features in two days! Keep on posting the great work! :) Like your blogs and reviews! Although you write faster as I can read! One day I'll get by!
Suusj says:
Congrats on your feature :)

Check Budapest Hotel Deals