Matty B's Urban Bar and Restaurant

(612) 338-7878
Matty B's Urban Bar and Restaurant - bar area
Matty B's Urban Bar and Restaurant - bucket of wings
Matty B's Urban Bar and Restaurant - fish sandwich
Matty B's Urban Bar and Restaurant - open wide!
Matty B's Urban Bar and Restaurant - on the door
Matty B's Urban Bar and Restaurant - metallic bathroom

Matty B's Urban Bar and Restaurant Minneapolis Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
great place to eat before the game Sep 05, 2008
Some coworkers and I stopped at Matty B's for dinner before a Twins game one night. Matty B's is owned by (former) Minnesota Viking center Matt Birk. He was just traded to Baltimore so I don't know if this restaurant will remain opened.

We parked in the lot out back, within a few blocks of the Metrodome. I think we might have had to pay to park because it was event parking, but you shouldn't have to pay on non-game days.

We sat up in the restaurant seating area on the upper floor which had a small bar and nice, sleek looking booths and tables. The lower floor was a large bar area. It was big and open and had a lot of metallic, shiny things.

We got chicken wings for an appetizer - yummy. I got a fish sandwich - pretty good but very large. My boss got a gigantic burger. I don't know how he fit that in his mouth. Everyone really liked the food.

The restaurant was filled with Twins fans and business people. After dinner we just walked the short distance to the baseball game!
bar area
bucket of wings
fish sandwich
open wide!
the_bill says:
Yeah, he is from St. Paul.
Posted on: Mar 10, 2009
alyssa_ob says:
Yeah, let me know if you hear anything. I think he grew up here and still has family in the area so maybe it will stay open.
Posted on: Mar 10, 2009
the_bill says:
The question might be what will happen to this restaurant now that its owner and namesake, Matt Birk, has left the Minnesota Vikings via free agency for the Baltimore Ravens.
Posted on: Mar 08, 2009