Matt Newbold - Extra Lounge - Planet Hollywood

3667 Las Vegas Boulevard. South, Las Vegas, NV, USA
www.planethollywoodresort.com - Toll Free: 1-866-919-PHRC (7472)
Matt Newbold - Extra Lounge - Planet Hollywood - Matt Newbold
Matt Newbold - Extra Lounge - Planet Hollywood - Rebecca, Kim, and Me
Matt Newbold - Extra Lounge - Planet Hollywood - Matt and his 'Temptations' on stage
Matt Newbold - Extra Lounge - Planet Hollywood - Matt Newbold again
Matt Newbold - Extra Lounge - Planet Hollywood - Me, Kim, and Carisa
Matt Newbold - Extra Lounge - Planet Hollywood - Lance and I
Matt Newbold - Extra Lounge - Planet Hollywood - Karoake during Matt's break

Matt Newbold - Extra Lounge - Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Reviews

poohstanggt poohstan…
Awesome One Man Show Jul 11, 2008
Admittedly, I did not think I would be a big fan of piano bars and shows but I was introduced to the dueling piano concept earlier this year and loved it! Ironically, my friend Kim (Bundysmom) has been raving about the piano show at the Extra Lounge in Planet Hollywood. Last year when I visited the Extra Lounge, they only had karoake the night I was there so this was something new. And since I was now coming to town for Kim's Birthday, it was obviously her desire to go watch the show.

The Extra Lounge is small and I recommend if you want to watch the entire show, plan to arrive no later than 9pm. It is a free show but sitting at a table requires a two drink minimum which is fair. We got there about 9:15pm and managed to find one table left which was perfect.

I have to admit, Matt was fantastic. For a one man show, he definitely kept us entertained every minute. His stage personality is quite engaging and he has a pretty great sense of humor about things. He takes "tipped" song requests. Like other dueling piano shows, he doesn't miss the opportunity to embarrass people for birthdays or whatever other celebrations may be taking place. Since he knew it was Kim's Bday, she found herself on stage while he sang "Let's get drunk and screw". I do have video but still need to upload it to You Tube.

Matt has quite the interesting background as noted on his website - started in Nashville in various country bands as a keyboard player, eventually having his own band. He's also traveled performing with a USO band for soldiers and also worked for the Disney Cruise Line (which you know earns big points with me!).

Matt performs at Planet Hollywood Wednesdays through Saturdays from 9pm until 2am. Matt also performs at Harrah's Dueling Pianos on Sunday (separate review to follow). In addition, Matt performs every Sunday with the Worship team at Calvary Chapel Green Valley.

Check out Matt's website at: www.matthewnewbold.com where you can hear his own songs (Christian genre) as well. Matt can also be booked for private parties, corporate events and church services.
Matt Newbold
Rebecca, Kim, and Me
Matt and his "Temptations" on stag…
Matt Newbold again