Matsumoto's Shaved Ice

Haleiwa, Hawaii

Matsumoto's Shaved Ice Haleiwa Reviews

mattgee mattgee
May 24, 2007
Matsumoto's Shaved Ice is supposedly famous for being the "best in the world". HA! I'll just say this...its purely a tourist trap that everyone, including myself, get suckered into trying. The lines are usually really long and the shaved ice just sucks! The ice is all hard and not smooth at all. The flavors were so sweet and sugary, they reminded me of those really horrible kid's drinks we've all had. To be honest, I ate about 1/3 and threw it away. If you're in the area, I guess you could be the judge and try it just cause its so "famous". But i think you'll be disappointed though.

If you want some good shaved ice, go to this local place called Waiola Shaved Ice in Honolulu..the ice texture was like real snow and topped over ice tastebuds are watering just thinking about it! Way better than Matsumoto's!
Go here.
Don't go here.

Related Travel Blogs About Matsumoto's Shaved Ice

Here We Are Now Going to the North Side!
I couldn't sleep...WTF!!!  Since LA time is 3 hours ahead of island time, I ended up waking up about 5:30 am...YIKES!  I decided to just chill on the couch and just rest...listening to the …Haleiwa proper. A trip to Oahu, for me, is never complete unless I eat at my favorite places...Matsumoto Shave Ice in Haleiwa
blah SHAVE ICE blah blah blah (because I can't think of a title right now =P)
The one Hawaiian treat Shane had to try while he was here was shave ice.  People who visit Hawaii just have to try shave ice!  Of course, anyone can go to Matsumoto's in Haleiwa, but I pref…Matsumoto's in Haleiwa, but I prefer one place:  Angel's Ice Cream, Smoothies & Shave Ice in Laie…

Check Haleiwa Hotel Deals