Matrix Hotel

Matrix Hotel Rates and Deals

Matrix Hotel Edmonton Reviews

ola3rd ola3rd
Great option for downtown Edmonton! May 22, 2013
This hotel was amazing; so happy we stayed here. I don't understand the negative reviews out there, are these competitors or something? Or maybe someone who is jealous of hotel owner? cuz it makes no sense, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this place. Went there for a friends birthday weekend celebration in Edmonton and stayed for only one night.

- FREE breakfast, and not just some lame typical continental breaky. This is a legit full on breakfast buffet with yummy food for FREE

- FREE wifi

- I believe covered parking is free as well, not a 100% sure on that one though

- There is a FREE cocktail hour with FREE wine and cheese

- Amazing decor and style throughout hotel and guest rooms

- Great fitness center; this was the first time in my life I actually worked out while on a trip and very glad I did

- Located downtown; close proximity to everything

- No offense, but the red head chick at the front desk was acting soo sketchy while we were trying to check in. Maybe it was her first day on the job or something and she was just nervous.... but I could swear she was on something :S

- Their tvs are extremely complicated to operate. Ours actually wouldn't work but we called downstairs and they sent someone to fix it right away

- Because we were with a large group, we were able to see what other people's rooms looked like. And some of them had rooms with bathrooms that had sliding doors, that were soo sketchy with no locks and didn't look like they closed properly. Lucky for us, we had a proper door in our room lol

- After the trip, there was a charge on my credit card supposedly from taking something from their mini fridge even though we didn't. Called them up and they reversed the charge right away, so that's fine.

All in all, this is really a great hotel and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Edmonton. The free breakfast buffet, free cocktail hour, and stylish decor makes this a winner in my books. Pretty sure I will be staying here again in the future. [ps. sorry about the pictures, I usually make sure to take great ones but for some weird reason, I completely forgot this time :S Rest assured, all the pictures from the website are exactly what it looks like]
guest room
view from room
bigmac993 says:
Sounds good!
Posted on: May 25, 2013

Matrix Hotel Overview

The Matrix Hotel offers well-appointed rooms with air conditioning and free Wi-Fi. The hotel offers a golf course, a tour desk and a fitness centre as well as a 24 hour reception, a concierge and conference room(s). Edmonton city centre is within a 10 minute drive from the hotel.

All rooms feature a private bathroom including a bathrobe and amenities. The rooms feature a CD player as well as a TV with cable / satellite channels. Each room is equipped with a safe, tea and coffee making facilities and a mini bar.

Less than 10 minutes drive away are some great tourist attractions such as the Commonwealth Stadium Edmonton, Rexall Place and Churchill Square Edmonton, and conveniently there is complimentary private parking on site at the Matrix Hotel should you need it. Edmonton City Centre Blatchford Field Airport (YXD) is a 20 minute drive from the hotel. Telus Field, All Saints' Anglican Cathedral and Diamond Park are under 10 minutes away by car.

Matrix Hotel Amenities

• Exhibit Space
  • Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes