Matchbox Chinatown

713 H St NW, Washington, DC, USA
Matchbox Chinatown - More fire!  The pizza oven
Matchbox Chinatown - On the first floor
Matchbox Chinatown - Front
Matchbox Chinatown - Outdoor seating (look, fire!)

Matchbox Chinatown Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
What a surprise! Now I see why it's always crowded Jul 15, 2010
I have seen people standing in line outside and always see traffic going in and out of that place, but nothing has ever really pulled me to Matchbox. Right next to the building, the have a small outdoor seating area with a large bowl overhead and a flaming fire that is always lit; even that didn't pull me in, but I met a friend there for a quick dinner and was impressed.

It is very trendy inside and a little dark, but well decorated and organized. I sat at the bar, but you can eat dinner at a table (inside or out). The bartenders are super, super, super nice-not overbearing and they don't ignore you; they have the right balance. There is no happy hour, but $7 for a glass of Reisling isn't too bad. I ordered the linguine and added chicken to my order, but I hear the pizza is good. My friend ordered a cheeseburger with gorganzola and she looooved it, but it came with the most massive onion rings I have ever seen in my life!

I recommend this if you are wandering around Chinatown. If not, go here from where ever you're hanging out at. If youre driving, parking, as always, is at a premium down in Chinatown (if, if you find street parking, the meter is a quarter for 7 minutes and you have to feed it until 10pm! If you find a lot or valet, it might be as little as $10)

Enjoy! Please do enjoy. I also believe they have other locations.
Front
Outdoor seating (look, fire!)
On the first floor