Matanzas Creek Winery

(707) 528-6464

Matanzas Creek Winery Santa Rosa Reviews

williamsworld williams…
Maybe Heaven on Earth May 21, 2010
I suggest that you grab some lunch at Glen Ellen Village Market and head a few miles west on the windy Bennett Valley Rd. You will eventually reach HEAVEN ON EARTH! The smell of lavender, the breathtaking views, not to mention the wine! The lavender had not yet bloomed but I was privileged to go down to the barn where they dry and assemble lavender gifts. I was able to make my own sachet and it smells really good in my car. They have a really nice bocce court and you can check out the balls and have yourself a ball. The tasting room has a variety of lavender gifts available for purchase as well as other wine accessories. They offer tours of the property that provides a rich history of the entire operation. I would suggest you inquire about one.

The people here are super nice, they even gave me the shipping boxes I needed to send my wine back home - free of charge (of course, we bought a couple of bottles of their delicious wine). One of the prettiest vineyards I've been too and the tastings didn't disappoint. I hit this spot first on our way to an abundant wine tasting week. What a nice way to begin what is becoming my favorite wine-tasting trip ever. The tasting room attendant was so knowledgeable, full of interesting and fun facts, and easy to talk to. The views from this place were gorgeous from every angle. The lavender farm was not in bloom yet, but you could really get the idea of how beautiful it was going to be. They have a lavender festival in June; I only wish I could be back for it.

Most of their whites were really nice but the Sauvignon Blanc is the one that stood out because it didn't taste of a typical Sauvignon. It was light, fruity fragrance, citrus/pear notes, not too sweet, and smooth finish.

Even though, in general I tend to like bold reds more (Syrahs and Zins), I did buy a few whites. The entire visit was superb and can’t wait to go back again.
lavender products
the lavendar barn
the tasting room

Related Travel Blogs About Matanzas Creek Winery

Start your pour
Ok, so I got to meet up with another Travbuddy while on my CA wine adventure. This guy, Julien, Tuxqc, is like no other. What a fun and happy guy. Julien and I would get to spend most of Friday and S…wineries in the north part of the valley including Matanzas Creek in Santa Rosa, La Crema and Murphy ��"Goode in Healdsburg…

Check Santa Rosa Hotel Deals