Matahari Cottage Bed and Breakfast

Matahari Cottage Bed and Breakfast Rates and Deals

Matahari Cottage Bed and Breakfast Bali Reviews

MostlyElena MostlyEl…
Nov 23, 2011
Matahari is well-located about a minute's walk off of Ubud's main road, and I enjoyed my two nights there. I rented their cheapest room (about $25 a night) and for my extravagance got my own little cottage with a rennaissance theme, double bed, ensuite bathroom, and - my favorite - a day bed/reading nook. Breakfast and afternoon tea are included in the price, and the staff were all very friendly and made sure to check in on how I was regularly to see if I needed anything. The hotel is green, which to them means no AC in any of the rooms, and which I had no problem with. The room fan provided did more than enough cooling and I actually slept under a blanket both nights, though maybe that's just a sign of me getting used to SE Asia's constant heat!

Everything you'll want to see within Ubud is within a 15-20 minute walk (at the farthest) from Matahari, including the Monkey Forest and more temples than you can shake a stick at. There are also a whole slew of restaurant choices, plus some convenience stores and a supermarket. Since it's off on a sidestreet, though, there's no noise pollution from bars or the main road. There is, however, construction going on within the hotel's premises, which makes some noise. My room, also, was right next to the kitchen where breakfast was prepared, so I started hearing the staff talking and working quite early and the thin walls made it sound as though they were standing right above me while chatting. Also, watch out for insects - I had an arachnid roommate in my bathroom the first night that scared the bejesus out of me...literally a spider the size of my palm. All that aside, Matahari was very comfortable and I feel like I got my money's worth...I have no hesitation about recommending it to other travelers making their way through Ubud!

Matahari Cottage Bed and Breakfast Overview

This bed and breakfast is in Bali's Ubud district, a short stroll to Bebek Bengil Restaurant.

The Matahari Cottage Bed and Breakfast offers comfortable rooms, a dry cleaning service, an outdoor pool and a beauty centre. The bed and breakfast's spa includes massage services and a jacuzzi. The bed and breakfast's garden is a perfect place to sit, rest and relax. Additional bed and breakfast amenities include on-site parking and a laundry service.

Bali Zoo is within easy driving distance of the Matahari Cottage Bed and Breakfast. The bed and breakfast staff are hospitable. Internet access is available for travellers who need to keep connected during their stay. Blanco Renaissance Museum is within a 10 minute drive.

Matahari Cottage Bed and Breakfast Amenities

• Mountain Biking
  • Desk
  • Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower