Maswik Lodge

Check Grand Canyon National Park Hotel Deals

Maswik Lodge Grand Canyon National Park Reviews

SamsTravels SamsTrav…
A great Lodge - Seriously nice!! Mar 23, 2012
I stayed in the Maswik Lodge when visiting the Grand Canyon. It was clean, authentic with wood beams and a country 'outback' feel to it. I was really pleased with the room in general and the room itself was spacious and the bathroom clean and in good order. As for the rest of the Lodge, it offers a generous buffet system, on site gift shop and also sells things that might come in handy when trekking in the canyon itself. We went in the 'ELK' mating season which was quite interesting as we saw them walking through the car park. All the lodges are close enough together to walk from one to the other with ease and in under 3 mins we were looking over the canyon watching the sun come up. AMAZING!!
gallantleo gallantl…
Fantastic Value Apr 24, 2011
My 5-stars In-N-Out reviews aren't suppose to be a direct comparison with my 5-stars fancy schmancy restaurants reviews.

In addition, my reviews are based solely on my experience and this lodge gets a 5 stars!

Location: 5 stars

It's inside the Grand Canyon and a 5 minute walk from a spectacular Grand Canyon view.

Service: 5 stars

Check-in and check-out was a breeze and staff was knowledgeable about where to hike and where to see sunset and sunrise.

Accommodations: 4.5 stars

It looks crappy outside IMHO but my friend actually thought it was cute. Inside, we both thought it was posh, well-kept, and clean for what we were paying and it's location. I also think our room was recently renovated. It looked freshly painted and the design was more modern than expected. We went in spring and didn't need air conditioning, which this room doesn't have. I can imagine why some people would hate this room in the summer where temperatures can be 90-100+ Fahrenheit. For us, we made use of the heater in the room and had a nice, comfortable sleep. The bed felt fairly new along with the sofa--firm but not too firm.

Price: 5 stars

At $92 per night before tax, I thought it was a fantastic deal. I'm not willing to waste time hiking early morning to drive to the Grand Canyon nor wake up earlier than I have to to drive in to see the sunrise. High noon is a #$*%, even in the spring, and the sunrise/sunset is %$#@ awesome! If you hike 11 miles per day with net elevation change of 3000+ ft it's nice to have a shower and room close by.

WiFi: 0 star in actuality, 5 stars in disguise

No WiFi in the room! WiFii is broken in the lobby area too! What! If this wasn't the Grand Canyon, automatic 3 stars at best for a room. But I can overlook it because it's the Grand Canyon. If there was WiFi, I'd probably be up until 2 am in my room or lobby area--whichever place has it and miss out on a lot of Grand Canyon opportunities. A blessing in disguise actually.
megzt84 megzt84
Dec 22, 2007
Room was clean. Wasn't really big but big enough for a short stay.

Heater worked well which was good in Winter!!

Was only a short walk to the rim and to the lodge.
parkerdixon says:
Anybody.....is the parking SECURE in and around Grand Canyon village. I'll be driving a soft-top Jeep and staying overnight in a lodge on the south rim.
Posted on: Mar 21, 2011

Maswik Lodge Overview

Maswik Lodge is a modern facility spread over several acres of Ponderosa Pine forest, located just 1/4 mile from the canyon's edge.

Maswik Lodge features a cafeteria that is open from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Here you will also find a sports bar with a wide screen TV, a curio shop stocked with handicrafts and gifts, and a transportation/activities desk.

Maswik South rooms are motel-style rooms with two queen beds, a full bath, telephone, and television. Room sizes vary somewhat between the north and south sections of the lodge.

North section rooms are more spacious than those in the south section and feature in-room coffee, refrigerator, air conditioning, safe, cable TV, telephone, and two queen-size beds or one king-size bed. Roll-away beds are available on a first come first serve basis.

During the summer months Maswik Lodge also features cabins for a more rustic accommodation. These cabins are also equipped with television and telephone services.

The cabins have two queen-size or two double beds, ceiling fan and a shower. Rooms for guests with disabilities are available.

All rooms are non-smoking rooms. Open year-round.

Maswik Lodge Amenities