Massanutten's Mountainside Villas McGaheysville

Massanutten's Mountainside Villas McGaheysville Reviews

emmytravel emmytrav…
Something for everyone May 23, 2010
Massanutten Resort, McGaheysville, VA in the Shenandoah Valley. 2007 and 2008

Been here twice, a different section (Summit and Woodstone) each time and my sister stayed there too, so I’ve seen most of the different units. This resort is somewhat cheap, although it has a high rating. Cheaping out on little things like – no pens and paper in the units for taking notes on, no blow-dryers, no shampoo….. It’s hard enough to pack for a trip by air nowadays, and going somewhere that you need swimwear and winter wear plus hairdryer, etc makes it very cumbersome. I’ve been in some horrid hotels that offer shampoo, pens and paper and blow dryers, no plausible excuse for this in any resort.

I did snow tubing for the first time in my life (over 50) and really enjoyed it. I grew up in the North and have done tobogganing, sledding and used saucers but not an inner tube! It was worth it and the second time I did it again, but was sharper shopper. They had a 2 for the price of one day!

I went to the indoor heated water park. Loved the lazy river and enjoyed the slides as well, spent most of the day there, they also have a small restaurant on site, eat there while still in your swimwear.

The deer will come up to the units at dusk. They are accustomed to folks tossing them bread, from balconies. Do NOT mistake them for tame. They have found an easy reliable food source, that is all.

On my 2nd trip there I took a private ski lesson. I found I did not have the stamina or endurance to ski. The hour lesson wore me flat out! So I can say I have tried it, but don’t want to do it again!

On my 2nd trip I also took an introductory scuba lesson in their heated pool. I thought I might panic trying to breathe underwater seemed too unnatural to not cause at least anxiety. But no, not at all, it was so easy, so comfortable, not scary at all! I learned so much in the short intro, but what I learned the most was that I want MORE!

The airport and commuter plane is a hoot. The plane is the smallest commuter I’ve been on. Sits maybe 10-12 folks. No seat assignments. You are told where to sit to make sure weight distribution on the plane is balanced! There is no cockpit door, just a curtain. The flight attendant is a recording and the pilots are laid back and entertaining. The arriving airport, well it is so small and homey it should have a St Bernard bound up to greet you!
HuBison HuBison
Great get-away resort Sep 19, 2010
As noted in previous reviews, this place is great. I don't want to be redundant, but this place has everything whether you're here in the winter or the summer.

I drove down from Baltimore and it was one of the most beautiful and most scenice drives I have EVER taken. I drove through little towns and through a valley. It was such a lovely drive and when I got here, the climb up to the timeshare I was invited to was steep (the Summit), but great.

This place has sooo much stuff to keep the family occupied. The security is on point and I enjoyed the amenities they had, but did spend alot of time in the apartment. It was two levels with 4 rooms. Two had king sized beds and 2 bedrooms had a pair of double beds each. There was a huge jacuzzi on the upper level and that bathroom was probably as big as my bedroom at home. We had 2 bathrooms, a small patio and a wonderful view. We saw a deer and a ground hog just out in the back!

Even though it's almost 3 hours from DC, if you avoid Route 66 it's a worthy drive. I also have a review for a nifty BBQ place called Log Cabin BBQ. The town of McGaheysville is so small, that if you blink, you'll miss it; so even though Log Cabin BBQ is right down the hill from the resort, it's considered to be in Elkton.
dmae712 dmae712
Jul 08, 2007
Massanutten Resort is a great place to stay for a vacation year round. We stayed as timeshare guests of my Aunt so I am not sure about the cost of stay. Even if you don't own a timeshare condo, you can stay at the resort's hotel.

We stayed in a 2 unit condo in Woodstone Meadows. Both floors had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths (4 person jacuzzi), 2 kitchens, living, and dining room. Utensils, pots, pans, dishes, stove/oven, fridge microwave, etc. are available to use in the kitchen. The condo even has a washing machine and dryer. Living room has ceiling fan and sliding doors to front porch.

There are so many things to do there. For the summer, you can go hiking, horseback riding, driving range, swimming, etc. In the winter, you can go skiing and there is several ski lifts at the resort.

Besides the outdoor activities, they hold various classes for kids and adults. Sample classes are candlemaking, caricature, basket weaving, tennis clinics, golf, dance etc. There is SO MUCH TO DO!!! Some activities do cost a little more than I would pay for though. They offer an activity card for $99 that will get you into some activities for free or with a discounted price.

There is also Comedy or Magic Night in the Ski Lodge, even dance night! The Woodstone Recreation center has an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, sauna, hot tub, and steam room. There is also a gym, and arcade room with 2 pool tables.

Since the activity prices are a little steep for me, we spent most of our time outside the resort. This is close to Charlottesville, VA where you can visit Thomas Jefferson's home Monticello. Also, there are plenty of battlefield sites nearby that you can visit. Massanutten is also located about 2 hours from Washington D.C. Shenandoah National park is a very close proximity as well.

Well, my stay was fun, but then again we were guests of a timeshare owner. You guys might want to read the reviews on TripAdvisor for Massanutten.

Massanutten's Mountainside Villas McGaheysville Overview

The Massanutten's Mountainside Villas McGaheysville is in close proximity to a number of area attractions. Among these are the Le Club Recreation Center, Woodstone Recreation Center, James E. Lambert Park, Family Adventure Park and the Woodstone Meadows Stable. Guests can also find a number of golf courses nearby.

Accommodations at the Massanutten's Mountainside Villas McGaheysville come in two-storey condominium units. All condos have fireplaces, full kitchens, cable/satellite televisions, DVD players, data ports and porches/decks. Bathrooms come with Jacuzzi tubs, hair dryers and complimentary toiletries.

The Massanutten's Mountainside Villas McGaheysville is a Shenandoah Valley resort that features a restaurant. The property also has an outdoor swimming pool, a fitness center, a playground, tennis courts and meeting/banquet facilities. Copy and fax services, on-site parking and high-speed Internet access are likewise provided.

Massanutten's Mountainside Villas Amenities

• Photocopier
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Pool Indoor