Masouleh, Iran

Masouleh Reviews

sinaest sinaest
Aug 31, 2007

Of all the traditional and unspoiled mountain villages in the Caspian Province of Gilan, Masulé (Masuleh) is the most breathtakingly beautiful. It's a cool 1050m (3444ft) above sea level and, formed by several irregular levels of terraced cream houses, appears to have grown out of its surroundings.

There are few facilities here, but Masuleh's inspired setting makes it worth the effort to get here. Masuleh is 56km (35mi) from Rasht, which is six hours north-west by bus from Tehran. From Rasht, take a succession of shared taxis or charter your own.
Boston_Babe says:
Do you have photos to post? I'm so curious to see what it looks like :)
Posted on: Nov 22, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Masouleh

Day 52: The confusion of Iranian public transport
I was sad to leave Masouleh. The place reminded me a little bit of Göreme in Turkey. Sure, Göreme might pack a few more sights in the area, but Masouleh retains a similar 'touristic yet cha…Masouleh. The place reminded me a little bit of Göreme in Turkey. Sure, Göreme might…
Day 50 (1): Slow travel
Thanks to the people I met here and/or travelled with: Majid (Iran)It was time to slow things down a bit. The last four weeks had seen me make quite a mad dash through Eastern Turkey and the Caucasus…Masouleh. For that I would first have to travel to the city of Rasht, 100 km west of Masouleh
Day 51: This perfect day
Early next morning I ran over to the bakery to get some blistering hot freshly baked lavash bread. Sitting on my roof terrace, looking out over Masouleh and the valley beyond, while enjoying breakfas…Masouleh and the valley beyond, while enjoying breakfast and some pretty good coffee, I was certain that I had found…
Masouleh Map