Mas Malo

515 West 7th Street, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Mas Malo Los Angeles Reviews

ssedha ssedha
Great mexican place with some really amazing drinks Jun 03, 2011
Wow. The decor of this place is fabulous. It's a fairly new restaurant in downtown LA and it's right next to a Whiskey Bar.

We made a reservation using opentable and got in to a packed place. There was a bar, the restaurant, and then a slight 'lounge' when you go up. Seemed more of a private area; however I'm sure it was open for everyone.

Got settled in and ordered the "Spicy Cucumber Margarita". It definitely did not disappoint as it was super strong as well as spicy. A very unique drink and quite a refreshing one.

We really didn't go for any appetizers (Note, they don't serve chips & salsa like other mexican places do), so we went straight for the main course. I ordered the "Pollo Yucateca Asada" and a side of rice & beans. The main course came with tortillas (choice of corn or flour) so that you could make your own soft tacos. The chicken was juicy & soft and not too dry; however I guess it was a bit too salty for my taste. I used some lime to neutralize the salt and couldn't tell much once put in that tortilla anyways...

Overall the place was great. With food, drinks & Tip, it came out to about $42 per person.

I would recommend this place, but maybe not the dish.

(Note: if you want to go to the whiskey bar, make sure to get there early as we were leaving, the lines were enormous).
Inside of Mas Malo
Outside (Gotten from their website)

Check Los Angeles Hotel Deals