Mary Janes

maryjanesbar.com - 0872 148 2086

Mary Janes London Reviews

andreamylesa andreamy…
Sophisticated Retro Bar Aug 02, 2011
I was only in this bar once but I fell in love with the classic 1920s decor. Fabulous images of voluptuous pin up girls graced the walls. Brass railings, red velvet, dark leather seating and old Hollywood chandeliers hung from the ceiling. This bar can certainly make you feel like you are inside the home of Norma Desmond.

The venue is cozy with intimate seating upstairs and soft lighting. Then on my way to the washroom I walked down an elegant staircase to discover and even grander bar downstairs. I was informed that they also host karaoke nights here. I suspect though that the karaoke here is much like watching Liza Minneli perform or seeing Dorothy Dandridge sing into one of those classic 1920s microphones.

Every day from 5-8pm the bar has some great deals on drinks. You can get 2 for 1 on cocktails, 2 for 1 on bottles of Kronenbourg, and Jugs of Cocktails at £9.90. As soon as I walked through the door people were recommending I buy one of their infamous mojitos. If I was a fan then I certainly would have bought one but for those of you who do like them every Wednesday at 5pm they sell them for just £2.95 all night long.

Check London Hotel Deals