Marx O'Larry's

Burgemeester Mooijstraat 27b, Castricum, Netherlands

Marx O'Larry's Castricum Reviews

ik-ben-10eke ik-ben-1…
Marx O'Larry's Aug 11, 2009
We come to this place for several years now, the main attraction for BJ is the licorice flavoured ice cream, which we haven't found so far in any other ice salon.

You have to choose what flavour(s) you want, perhaps you would like them all, but having 40 to 45 scoops in your cone is not that easy to manage :)

And the choosing part is not that easy, there are so many mouthwatering flavours.

I remember my first ice cream I had here was with the cookie dough flavour which I liked, but I did not think it was something special. Maybe because I like baking much and experiment with cookie dough at home :)

However, that did not stop us from coming here, because they got so many flavors here - over 40 - and one is even more delicous than another.

Ofcourse there are the usual fruit flavours, both in cream (f.e. strawberry and banana) and sorbet (apple, blood orange, pineapple, melon to name just a few).

Delicious indeed are the flavours made with liquor like tiramisu or white chocolate/cointreau.

People who are on a diet, either carbohydrates or gluten don't have to pass this ice cream shop, for most flavours contains no gluten, and there is sugarfree icecream too.

Today we went for licorice and sweetmolasses-cookies (stroopwafel) for BJ, Bob had cookie dough and vanilla, while I got scoops of peanut/caramel and ginger/poppyseed, and I have to say that last one was really good!

It is not just ice cream they sell here, you can have coffee as well, Italian specialities like capuccino, latte macchiatto, or espresse for example, plain or to accompany a ciabatta lunch.

Or fruitsmoothies if u like something cold but not as cold as ice.

You can also buy the ice cream as a take away, the gateaux f.e. are perfect if you have a small party. For bigger parties you can even rent a real ice cream cart, to scoop it yourself as a dessert for your guests.
Marx O'Larry's at Castricum
Coffee specialities
dqfn1 says:
Mabe I should go there once too, when I'm riding my 'ligfiets', sorry for the English readers, but I don't know the correct English word for it.
Dropijs, never had the chance to try that one, not even in Hoorn.
Posted on: Aug 16, 2009
ik-ben-10eke says:
Yep, worldfamous LOL.
We are near Amsterdam, but even in Winter BJ wants to go here for that special "drop-ijsie" ;)
Posted on: Aug 14, 2009
dqfn1 says:
My stepfather is from Alkmaar, when he an my mom go biking... and its in the neighborhood of Castricum they allways stop there for one or two scoops of icecream. They're worldfamous, locally then. ;)
Posted on: Aug 14, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Marx O'Larry's

Biking and hiking
Time for the Bakkum campground again. However the trailer is already for 10 weeks on its spot this was the first time this year I went there, and I asked husband to put the bike trailer on the car be…Castricum for an ice-cream at Marx O-Larry's. We also bought some picnic food and set of to Egmond…

Check Castricum Hotel Deals