Maruyasu Hokkaido

Check Hakodate Hotel Deals

Maruyasu Hokkaido Hakodate Reviews

ellechic ellechic
Very basic family inn Jul 29, 2011
Hotel Maruyasu is a budget, family inn/hotel in Hakodate, located 6 blocks from the JR Hakodate Station, about a 10-minute walk.

Upon check-in, I was asked to wait since I still have 30-mins left before check-in at 1500 (I arrived at 1430). The staff are elderly and knew only limited English.

I made my reservation online for 4750yen/night for a room with private bathroom, and paid the remaining balance (they only accept cash).

Although the place is clean, it definitely is on the older and outdated side. The carpet looked worn and the furniture dated.

Since I was there only for the night to sleep and shower, I didn't make use of any of the facilities they have to offer.

There was no wi-fi. My private bathroom was small but clean.

They provided a satellite TV, telephone, fridge, tea set, towel, bath towel, Yukata (light Japanese robe) and slippers. There were vending machines on the reception floor and also a restaurant as well for breakfast or dinner.

As for the staff, again, they were elderly with limited English, but I didn't mind. They seemed nice enough to me.

If I was staying longer, I probably would complain about this place more because of its lack of updated amenities, but as it is, I literally was only there for 9 hours to sleep and shower before I left again to head to Sapporo. It provided my the basics I need.

I have read that there are other cheaper and newer inns/hotels closer to JR Hakodate Station, so that may be better next time I find myself in Hakodate.
Hotel Maruyasu: building entrance
Hotel Maruyasu: main desk/check-in…
Hotel Maruyasu: vending machine
Hotel Maruyasu: sing private room …

Check Hakodate Hotel Deals