AsiaJapanIzuIzu Hotels

Check Izu Hotel Deals

Marukyu Ryokan Izu Reviews

bensonryan bensonry…
Relaxing and Accommodating Dec 08, 2017
Marukyu Ryokan is a very tranquil and relaxing 4 Star hotel located in rural Izu, Japan. It has a classic Japanese appeal in its setting and surroundings. My wife and I had a plan to stay here for the night as a birthday occasion and a temporary escape from the hustle and bustle of the busy Yokohama City.

Pertaining to Japanese tradition, the hotel’s structure is primarily a slippers only entry in most of the hallways and rooms. Tatami covers most of the floors from the hotel rooms to the lounge to the buffet rooms. Open and private family baths are available upon request and an additional fee depending on the visitor selection. Required bath robes are available to wear in each room. My wife and I both have tattoos and were only limited to attend the private family bath with our son. This was relaxing in its own right as we didn’t have to separate and each bathe with strangers.

House keeping rearranges each bed room as applicable to the occasion. Rooms are spacious and each offer a distinct overview of the forest outside. The staff swiftly replaced our dining table with futon mattresses while we were eating. Dinner and breakfast meals are included. Their dinner was an interesting 6 course meal consisting of traditional Japanese seafood with wasabi and soy sauces to dip each course in. The breakfast was a little more baffling as we ate fried fish and with rice and some other entrees that were similar to dinner dishes. Puzzled, I asked my wife about this and she reminded me that this was older tradition. We were able to eat in our own private room as well as other groups were able to. Sliding doors were the barriers between us and other guests.

I thought I knew Japanese culture until I stayed at Morokyu Ryokan. Though I wasn’t really into the food, I highly recommend this hotel for its privacy and it’s uniqueness, particularly for families with children. Customer service was top notch, gracefully responding to all of our requests. Plus, there are many amenities this hotel offers such as a karaoke and external areas that I didn't have time to enjoy. The family owned establishment was very friendly and accommodating. This is overall a very good hotel.
The hotel ninjas will swiftly turn…
hightide says:
Congrats on your featured review, Ryan :)
Paulovic says:
Congrats on your featured review, Ryan!
vulindlela says:
Congrats!

Marukyu Ryokan Overview

General Description: Accessible to many local attractions Great combination for business and pleasure Ideal accommodations for a vacation getaway 5 star accommodations Tranquil ambience Location: Conveniently located in Shizuoka Recreation: Hot Spring Baths Accommodation: Comfortable rooms

Marukyu Ryokan Amenities

• Shops
  • Karaoke
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • En suite