Average rate: $76 - Hotel class: 3 stars

Check Brugge Hotel Deals

Martin's Brugge Reviews

tombom07 tombom07
Ideal proximity and comfort in the centre of Bruges Jun 18, 2016
I recently made a short trip to Bruges as part of a large group to celebrate my friend's pending marriage. We took the ferry there and back overnight from the UK, but spent one night in the centre of Bruges. My friend's sister organised accommodation at Martin's Brugge for 19 of us (nine rooms, mostly doubles).

We were allowed to drop our bags off in the morning before returning to check-in at 3pm. On arrival the staff were polite, courteous and presentable. Unfortunately, not all of the rooms were available at 3pm so some pairs had a short half an hour or so wait before they could go up to their rooms. For such a large hotel with a good reputation, I do not think that this was acceptable. However, I felt that this was just a smell set-back and didn't really detract from the overall experience.

One credit card was required per room (as a deposit/room safeguard), which was not a problem for me but was a little bit of a fuss for others. Considering one person had booked ahead and we were willing to pay on arrival I felt like they could have just taken one person's details to ease check-in and convenience for such a large group.

Martin's Brugge was extremely clean, modern and quiet, which was definitely a good thing. Located smack bang behind the Markt (found by walking underneath the famous Belfort and through to the other side) it is in an ideal location for exploring the historic centre of Bruges, especially if you're short on time.

Our room (one double bed) was clean, tidy and large yet fairly compact. There wasn't much space for our feet once our bags were in, but it wasn't necessary as we weren't spending much time in the room. There was also a television, desk and chair, hanging space for clothes and a drinks fridge. The bathroom was clean, modern and came with useful amenities (towels, toiletries etc). The shower had great pressure too.

Outside our window and across the cobbled street was a cute hidden courtyard next to a church. Bells could often be heard chiming, which I found added charm.

The bar downstairs is a cool place to have a few pre-drinks. Free nibbles were provided for our party and drink prices were reasonable. I think it was about four euros for a beer.

At night time, I remember the bed being very spacious and comfortable for two people.

The hotel room was 60 euros each (so 120 euros per double room) a night, which I found to be expensive yet acceptable for the overall quality of the hotel. There was also a two euro city tax surcharge per person per night. It's a shame that breakfast isn't included for the price. I can't remember how much it cost because we didn't eat at the hotel, but it would just add to the expense.

We checked out the following morning at 11am and were once again allowed to leave our bags behind reception.

I would definitely return to Martin's Brugge for a similar short stay, should I ever revisit Bruges.
Room with a view, Martin's Brugge,…
tombom07 says:
Thanks all =)
Posted on: Jun 22, 2016
hanleyscot says:
Congrats on your featured review!
Posted on: Jun 21, 2016
Paulovic says:
Congrats on your featured review!
Posted on: Jun 21, 2016
maryanntravel maryannt…
Excellent location, simple but very modern Aug 02, 2011
During our city trip to Brugge we stayed at Martin's Brugge for two nights. We had booked few months ahead through their own website, without any problems.

The hotel is located just behind the main market square and behind the Belfry tower, in other words: exactly in the center of the city. A lot of tourist attractions, restaurants and shops are walkable from here.

We arrived a bit early, but it was no problem to leave our luggage in the secured luggage room. Our room was ready at three o'clock, the exact check-in time. Our room was equipped for three persons, just how we reserved it. The room consisted of three beds, a small tv, a desk and chair, hotel information booklets, a safe, closet, a bathroom with a tub and shower in one, two sinks, enough towels and supplementary amenities, and a window with view on the terrace.

The breakfast room was quite big and neat and looked very modern, just as the rest of the hotel. There is a lot of choice, such as croissants, bread rolls, scrambled eggs, toast, yoghurt, fruit, tea, coffee, several juices and more.

The hotel also has a bar and private parking garage. All public areas are very clean. Furthermore the staff was very friendly and we didn't have any problems with payment. In total we paid around €300 for three persons for two nights.

Martin's Brugge is a great place to stay: the rooms are simple, but very tidy, the breakfast is good and the staff is very friendly. It feels more like a four-star hotel, while it is in fact a three-star with, as a result, great value for money.
andreamylesa says:
I do appreciate its simplicity but still art deco style. I will strongly consider staying here. Thanks for the review.
Posted on: Aug 13, 2011

Martin's Brugge Overview

The Martins Hotel Bruges is situated in the center of Bruges close to the canals, the famous Belfry Tower, and the ancient Market Square. This recently renovated Bruges accommodation is within walking distance of shopping, dining and entertainment. All the well known attractions are within walking distance or a short drive. The Martins Hotel Bruges is about 55 miles from the Brussels airport.

Each of the 150 guestrooms at the Martins Hotel Bruges is newly renovated and comfortably furnished, and comes with private bath, Internet, minibar, safe, and satellite flat screen TV.

The Martins Hotel Bruges offers an onsite bar with daily happy hour, dry cleaning services, 24 hour staffed front desk, parking, daily breakfast for guests. There is onsite dining and many fine restaurants are within walking distance. The front desk is staffed around the clock. It is handicapped accessible and small pets are welcome. Guests can enjoy cocktails on the outdoor terrace. Conference facilities are available as well.

Martin's Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower