Marriott West Palm Beach

Marriott West Palm Beach Rates and Deals

Marriott West Palm Beach Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice hotel not far from the freeway Mar 31, 2012
I was in West Palm Beach for the first time and my main purpose was to meet up with TB Jamal the following day. I had just arrived from spending 2 days in Toronto and I had landed in Miami in a thunderstorm. I had not been in Miami more than a couple of time but every time I had a tropic thunderstorm. I arrived at the hotel at 8 pm and I found the parking area full so I had to park behind the hotel.

I entered the large reception area and was met by an elderly guy behind the counter. He was super friendly and service minder; I think it was the best welcoming speech that I ever had in a hotel. He gave me a room on the 8th floor and told me told to eat in their restaurant as the food was amazing and the vegetables was grown in the backyard. I guess that I smiled back at him and took my stuff to my room.

The room was quite nice and spacious. I liked the fact that it was facing the lake and I had the early evening sun facing my window and the lake in front of me. I took the curtains out to the sides so I could enjoy the magnificent view. The room had everything that I would expect of a nice hotel room; I truly enjoyed the size of the room because in Europe all hotel rooms are quite small.

The beds, there were actually two and they were both really nice and a queen size. The room was decorated in a mixed style. The curtains reminded me of a British old fashion and so did the red armchair in the corner with its standing lamp. There was a flat-screen that must have been the first that they produced and it was standing on a brown piece of furniture that absolutely didn’t fit in to the style. The beds were quite over dressed with enormous pillows but I didn’t mind them.

I had talked to Jamal about meeting up after his evening shift but first I wanted to get something to eat and at least one beer because it had been a long day. I therefore followed the advice from receptionist and went for the Bistro Ten Zero One at the ground floor. On the way there I noticed the hotel a bit more. The hotel was quite large and the halls in front of the rooms were pretty wide but covered with ugly carpets. The ground floor was covered in marble and there was a huge lounge area in front of the large reception where there were many leather chairs and sofas.

The hotel was quite nice and spacious and after having tried the bistro I must say the quality of the service quite okay too. I had a great meal in the bistro, where I was served a huge sirloin steak and a wide selection of beers. I ended up being tired so I contacted Jamal and arranged that I would meet him the following morning in stead.

I did not try the breakfast at the hotel but I had a great stay at the hotel and the ratio between quality and cost was really good; I would not hesitate to stay here again. The hotel was a bit far from the beach if you would be looking for a beach hotel.
The view from my room
The room
The queen size beds
The arm chair in the corner

Marriott West Palm Beach Overview

The Marriott Hotel West Palm Beach is situated 2 miles from Palm Beach International Airport. Nearby famous sites include the Cruzan Amphitheatre, Lion Country Safari, Palm Beach Zoo, Armory Art Center and the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts. A number of dining venues and golf courses are likewise within close range.

There are 342 guest rooms and 10 suites at the Marriott Hotel West Palm Beach. All units are furnished with wireless Internet connections, LCD televisions, coffee/tea makers, mini fridges, safe-deposit boxes, ironing equipment, work desks and telephones. Marble bathrooms have hair dryers, bathrobes, shower/tub combinations and designer toiletries.

The Marriott Hotel West Palm Beach features a business center and 18,000 square feet of event and conference space. This 10-storey hotel also provides an outdoor heated swimming pool, a whirlpool, a fitness room, concierge services, an ATM, laundry facilities and safe-deposit boxes. On-site venues include the Bistro Ten Zero One and Starbucks Coffee House.

Marriott Amenities

• Disabled Parking
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes