Marriott Ghent Hotel

Marriott Ghent Hotel Rates and Deals

Marriott Ghent Hotel Reviews

YankeeFanTraveler YankeeFa…
Great hotel Mar 08, 2011
Excellent hotel in the center of town. Rooms overlooking the canal are available and offer amazing views. Would definitely stay here again.
Chokk Chokk
Great stay in the centre of Ghent Jul 19, 2008
I had wanted to visit the famous festival of Ghent for some time and I had decided that this year had to be the one. Many of my Belgian friends loved the party and had stated that it was a must see, so I just had to go.

I had been a couple of times in the wonderful city of Ghent, which is one of the most beautiful historic cities in Belgium and I had quickly identified that the Marriott hotel would be perfect as a base camp to enjoy the party.

The hotel is overlooking the Korenlei on the banks of the river Lys canal and brings new design to historic old buildings and being situated in Drabstraat which actually is the centre of many of the activities of the festival. One fabulous thing would be that when all others would be hunting round the city centre for a toilet I could just walk up to my hotel room; it was an amazing plan.

I booked the hotel more than half a year in advance and I found that I had gotten a great price for the night we intended to the stay there. I paid just around 100 euro for a night.

The hotel is situated perfectly for any visit in Ghent; I can highly recommend staying here to explore the wonderful city. The hotel looks pretty small from the Drabstraat but when you enter you really can see how big it is behind the front. When you enter you enter in a huge covered yard with the hotel to one side and a beautiful glass wall covering a calm lounge area with a large piano in the middle.

The glass dome with bring a nice atmosphere to the vast bar-lounge Poppi which serves as a perfect place of relaxation for all those who want to stop a moment in the heart of the city.

We had gotten one of the 139 luxurious rooms; ours were situated on the first floor and I had hoped to get one of the rooms higher up but I was amazed how little noise we could hear from the festival that was going on around the corner.

The room was wonderful; it had a nice calm sense over it and a fantastic king-size bed. It was almost at the same quality that I had in the Marriott in Warsaw. The room felt soft and wonderful; I truly was satisfied for my 100 euro spent for the opening night of the festival.

The hotel was naturally fully booked on a day like this, but the reception was still very efficient and service minded. I found out that onsite parking is also available, but I didn’t know that so I parked just outside the city centre and a place where parking was free.

Next morning we were the first at the wonderful breakfast, because we were heading for an early start towards Germany. The breakfast had everything I could imagine and I was truly happy with our stay in the hotel.
Inside the hotel
The hotel lobby
Inside the hotel
Inside the lobby at night

Marriott Ghent Hotel Overview

The Marriott Hotel Ghent enjoys a central location in Ghent, and overlooks the Korenlei on the banks of the River Lys. Ghent University and the historic Grain Market are only a few minutes away, as are many shopping areas, business addresses, and tourist attractions. On-site garage parking is available for guests driving to the Marriott Hotel Ghent.

There are 138 luxurious rooms and 12 suites available in the Marriott Hotel Ghent. Each room is decorated with contemporary décor and stylish modern furnishings. In-room amenities include bathrobes, hairdryers, satellite TV, and high speed Internet access.

A delicious breakfast buffet is available each morning in the hotel’s on-site restaurant, and a variety of creative snacks and cocktails can be enjoyed at the bar. Health conscious guests can maintain their exercise plan during their stay by working out in the Marriott Hotel Ghent’s modern fitness room. Those traveling on work related matters can make use of the hotel’s 450 square meter conference rooms.

Marriott Ghent Hotel Amenities

• Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes