Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel Toronto

Check Toronto Hotel Deals

Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel Toronto Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice hotel - well located in city center Aug 20, 2011
I arrived in Toronto just after lunch; I had flown in from Frankfurt after I had left Copenhagen in the morning. I had rented a car in the airport and I had downloaded the entire map of USA and Canada on my Garmin GPS or so I thought. When I finally mad it work in the car I found that it had 2 roads in the Toronto area, which naturally wasn’t according to the truth.

I knew that I had book the hotel close to the CN Tower and Bay Street seemed like a big street when I booked. I was following mostly by coincidence the awesome Queen Street until I bumped into Bay Street. The Marriot Toronto Down Town Hotel was huge and I drove into the parking area just at the main entrance. The same moment I parked a guy from the hotel asked me if I wanted a valet parking or I would use the self-service in the basement. I took the self-service because there was elevator going directly to their hotel.

Driving downstairs in the parking made me realize how big this hotel was; it was the largest hotel parking I seen in long time. I found a space near the elevator and brought my bags to the reception area that was full of people checking in and waiting to leave. After 10 minutes it was my turn and I got my room pretty fast. I was given a room on the 12th floor; room 1201. I feared that the room was close to the elevators but instead I found that it was the room furthest away from then. The hall going there was full of housekeepers getting the different rooms ready for the people waiting in the reception lounge.

The room was really nice; I had received a corner room with windows on two sides, which made the room really bright. It was also fairly large given European standards; there was a nice sized closet to the left when I entered. Along the windows to Bay Street there was a nice large desk and a huge flat screen. There was both Wi-Fi and fixed Internet but the there was also a fee of 15.95 C$ pr. 24 hours. Along the second window wall they had left a small table and a lounge chair.

The bed was a king size that I looked forward to enjoy after my trip and the bathroom was okay in size and it had a tub that I rarely use because I prefer a shower unless I am really cold or tired.

My first choice was that I wanted to use the Internet and get some cold to drink. Much to my surprise there was not any minibar; more and more hotels seem to abandon that. I guess it gives a lot of administration and people cheat with them. I my case I was just damn disappointed because I had really looked forward to it because I was really thirsty.

I called the room service and ordered a couple of beer and some Pepsi’s and 15 minutes later they where brought to my room by a really friendly waiter. They were in a bucket of ice and they were just what I needed.
My bed
The bathroom
My cold bucket
My beer ;D
GMendozaFilms says:
The Marriott is my favourite hotel chain at least in Ontario
Posted on: Sep 04, 2012
andreamylesa says:
Tsk tsk. Mini bars are slowly becoming an antiquated hotel amenity. Great review Christian:)
Posted on: Aug 22, 2011
Chokk says:
I am also a Marriott guy ;D
Posted on: Aug 22, 2011

Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel Toronto Overview

One of the central Toronto hotels, the Marriott Eaton is immediately adjacent to Eaton Center and the shopping district. In 10 minutes time, guests can walk to the Hockey Hall of Fame, the Rogers Center, CN Tower, and Ryerson University. The Marriott at Eaton Centre is 25 minutes from the airport. Taxi or private car service can be arranged through the front desk.

There are 459 rooms at the Marriott Eaton Centre, available as standards or suites. Rooms have 32” flat screen TVs, cable service, high-speed Internet, designer linens and textiles, and designer toiletries.

An upscale leisure and business destination, the 18 story Marriott Eaton Toronto overlooks Trinity Square. It has a bistro, cocktail lounge, and lobby bar. There are 18 meeting rooms for up to 800 people, with catering support on offer. The fitness area features both workout equipment and a heated pool with whirlpool. The whirlpool on the 18th floor overlooks the Toronto skyline.

Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower