Marriott Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile

Marriott Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile Rates and Deals

Marriott Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile Reviews

mslellen mslellen
Downtown Chicago Marriott Feb 19, 2010
We spent a 3 day weekend, 2 nights at the Chicago Marriott Magnificent Mile.

We had used our vehicle GPS and since I'm not used to driving in downtown Chicago rush hour traffic it was really stressful driving. Unfortunately the address they give is a Michigan Avenue address, but you need to access the hotel from the Rush street entrance. I wish we had known this before hand since it took us three long trips over the river and back because of traffic and one way streets to find the right door.Finally though, we made it.

Valet was wonderful of course. We had planned on taking the car down the block to the self park to save $10 per night, but I was so stressed I let the valet do it. Parking was $48 per night, plus tip. They were very patient and unloaded our car for us. Since we drove, we had carelessly over packed, plus there was the wine, beer & vodka we needed. They never made us feel like we were taking too much time or blocking the hotel entrance.

Check-in was very quick and had no lines even though there were many people checking in at the same time. This hotel was properly staffed for the amount of people arriving. The lady checking us in kindly upgraded us to a larger room. She did forewarn us that this room is by the elevators, however we never heard them until Sunday morning when the elevators are at their busiest. But we're not complainers, just go with the flow and a little noise was a small price to pay for a bigger room.

In the elevator we thought it was funny that the porter bringing our bags was pictured in the advertisements in the elevator. He was quite fun to talk with and sounded like he really enjoyed his job. This is good, I would much rather talk to a happy person than a complainer.

Room was beautiful. We had 2 queen beds, both with down pillows and duvet. They had told us this at check-in which must be because some people cannot sleep with down feathers. Konnie is allergic so the hostess said she would send someone up to switch the bedding. Not 2 minutes after we were in the room, housekeeping showed up and quickly swapped the down for non-allergenic linens. The housekeeper also gave us extra towels, and glasses since there were 3 of us.

The only things I can say I did not care for were that the bathroom was very small, and with 3 women, there was not enough counter space for all of our stuff. Also, there was a full length mirror in the room, but it was not well placed because there was not enough light to use the mirror. I like it best when there is mirror that you can sit at and most hotels have one that you can position to see the back of your hair, or up close to put on makeup. This hotel did not have one.

There is a coffee pot in the room, but it was one that only makes 1 cup of coffee at a time. They only leave 2 coffee pods, so only 2 cups can be made. They did bring more within a few minutes of our call, but I would still be rather be able to make a couple of 4-cup pots. I really like several cups each morning.

We did not eat in the hotel restaurant because they only had a breakfast buffet at $16. This is a lot of money unless you're planning on eating a lot. Even to just order something light for breakfast was over $12. There s a Starbucks in the lobby too, but you can only get the usual muffins or sweet rolls.

Everyone working here seemed very happy to do their jobs and make our visit to the hotel a good one. I would recommend this hotel again.
The night view from our room. We c…
I know . . . we are messy. There i…
Obviously this was taken in the mo…
Gloria is our bartender!
mslellen says:
Hey, we drove, and you know how us girls can be! I can pack light when I need to :D
Dr_Seuss says:
Nice review Ellen, and congrats on the feature.

Simple answer to the space isssue in the roo - Take Less Stuff ;)
KeikoCreative says:
Congrats on your featured!
sarahelaine sarahela…
Marriott Hotel Downtown Magnificent Mile Aug 26, 2010
My, my - this place is HUGE. Really Huge. It's enormous.

I stayed here for a conference. The rooms are large and airy, although the air conditioning was struggling a little with the heat. The bathroom is fine, and the toiletries are nice.

The conference facilities are also fine, with large rooms and lots of meeting places. The only problem really is that the walls between meeting rooms are paper thin and that can impact confidentiality and whether you can hear your own speaker. There's free Wifi, but if you don't have your own laptop with you then accessing your emails will cost 40 cents a minute which is quite mean spirited considering what the rooms cost.

Breakfast was excellent, although not included in the price so one little waffle will set you back $15. The bar was about average for the city.

Service was fine, although because the place is so large it is pretty impersonal. They kept losing my name in the system and it took forever to check in, and then the guy looking for my bag when I checked out took forever too - there's just so many bags checked in to their rooms.

All in all, this place is fine and I would be happy to return on business, but if I'm here for fun, I'll be a couple of blocks away in the Amalfi.
Room
View
View
sarahelaine says:
Really? I just felt it was a bit impersonal. I loved the location, though. I spent a total fortune on the Mile...
Posted on: Aug 30, 2010
Glynnes says:
Luv this hotel.
Posted on: Aug 30, 2010

Marriott Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile Overview

The popular Chicago area is home to the Marriott Hotel Downtown Magnificent Mile Chicago, offering a great vantage point for visitors on business and on pleasure. This property is very convenient to the city and all of its sections, giving fast and easy travel options to the working traveler regarding the financial and commercial districts and the corporate strongholds of downtown Chicago. Those who appreciate the more laid-back vacation are just steps from entertainments, dining, shopping, recreations, and amusements on the Magnificent Mile. Local attractions include the Aria Restaurant, Chicago Euro S, Field Museum, Grant Park, Symphony Center, Shedd Aquarium, the Art Institute, Navy Pier, Lake Michigan, and Millennium Park. Car parking is offered at the Marriott Hotel Downtown Magnificent Mile Chicago, while the airport is very near. Public transportation is plentiful in this area.

Guestroom amenities at the Marriott Hotel Downtown Magnificent Mile Chicago include high speed Internet access, satellite television, working desks, room service, valet laundry, and luxury appointments.

The Marriott Hotel Downtown Magnificent Mile Chicago offers many amenities, including event and meeting spaces, a business center, 24 hour front desk and concierge, multiple restaurant and bar options, a sauna, a spa, a swimming pool, and state of the art gym facilities.

Marriott Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile Amenities

• Jacuzzi
  • Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower