Marnix Hotel

Marnix Hotel Rates and Deals

Marnix Hotel Amsterdam Reviews

sbassily sbassily
good Hostel in perfect Location Oct 25, 2013
it's on budget hostel in perfect location near to city center

it was clean all the time but missing some facilities like lockers

you have only your bed and you could use the bathroom and shower that's it. but the perfect location makes it more than great

you are like 15 minutes walk to Dam Square and 20 minutes to Amsterdam Central Station and like 3-4 minutes to the best night life area in Amsterdam. you will sure like the place and the staff there are very helpful
sodachix sodachix
You must be desperate Apr 07, 2011
I did a last minute booking for a trip to Amsterdam. Was looking for something in a good location for a good price. I found both of those, but did not expect the condition of the hostel. The only time the room was cleaned was when the travelers cleaned it. There were eggs from breakfast on the floor when I arrived. The shower was clogged and filthy. The mattresses were very old and stained.I would stay there again only if I was very, very desperate (otherwise sleeping on the street desperate).
jesa145 jesa145
Mar 09, 2011
It's an ok place to stay... I'm sure there are better places for the same price. Found the owners and the staff a little unhelpful and cold. The fact that they charged my card twice and gave me the inconvenience of having to cancel my credit card 2 days prior to my flight and receive no apology, makes me second guess this place for the next time.
not recommended if you're much old…
especially not when you have a hug…
the external view.. it is part of …
tinaleeloo tinaleel…
Not very friendly Jul 26, 2010
I would recommend Marnix Hotel if you only need a bed to sleep in. You wont get much else at this hotel. The guy who 'greeted' us when we came was sulky and reserved and wasn't helpful when we asked about parking options. The room was a 6-bed dorm (we had booked 5-bed dorm, but nevermind), the sheets were clean but the bunk beds soft and squeaky. The room had an overwhelming odour of smelly feet (at first we blamed the guy lying in the room when we came, but the smell stayed even when he left). The shower & toilet was so small that you could only just stand in front of the toilet - or in the shower. There is no 'nice and cozy lobby'.
jesa145 says:
I agree with Tina.. and the 'sister" hotel opposite d' lantearne isn't any better, purely for backpackers though I think the price is still steep for backpackers.
Isn't comfy, so unless you're there just to catch a few winks it's ok otherwise... no.
Not especially if you've just arrived from a long haul flight and in need of a good nights sleep.
Posted on: Mar 09, 2011
travelman727 says:
Thanks for the warning :-D
Posted on: Nov 12, 2010
Eric says:
Sorry about the hotel, but thanks for sharing your review on TravBuddy and letting others know about your experience!
Posted on: Jul 26, 2010
NickH82 NickH82
Affordable Hotel Near Everything! Jun 05, 2009
This is a great little hotel about 10 minutes from Station Centraal. With 4 floors (no lift by the way!) it is quiet and not over packed with travelers.

The free computer terminal and free WiFi are a great bonus you don't find to many places. NO charge for linen or towels, and a €10 security deposit for the key.

The rooms are average size with anywhere from 2-6 people per room. I am in a room for 6, but only have had 1 person in there with me so far...lucky!

There is one bathroom and one shower on each floor that is shared - so if your timing is off you could be left waiting. But the facilities are good for the price.

I stayed 3 nights and the total cost was €58 (not including the key deposit).

Overall a great little place!

Marnix Hotel Amenities

• Refrigerator
  • Bicycle Rental
  • Desk
  • Ticket Service
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels