Marlow's Tavern

www.marlowstavern.com - (404) 815-0323

Marlow's Tavern Atlanta Reviews

huddleston huddlest…
Great ambianace and delicious food! Apr 05, 2010
When I was in Atlanta in 2009, my friend and I popped into Marlow's in Midtown Atlanta. We were meeting here family for a quick bite to celebrate my visit!! I enjoy tavern food, but I was not entirely excited about Marlow's because when I travel I like to eat at smaller, more exotic places. I was pleasantly surprised though.

Marlow's offers upscale bar/ tavern type fare. They have a great family friendly yet sophisticated menu and a fantastic bar and drink menu. The atmosphere is a bit moody and dark, and there are live bands on most Friday nights. Thus, I have just described my perfect restaurant. Marlow’s is the perfect place for a family dinner, happy hour, a late night bite, date night, drinks with friends, or even a night on the town when they have live music. It is open late, and the bar has a great selection. I’m not sure how late the kitchen is open, but I would assume until at least 11pm (maybe longer if you want one of the yummy appetizers.)

I got the fish tacos which were spectacular. We also shared a few of the appetizers, including the parmesan fries, which I could not stop eating. The menu was extremely diverse. There were a lot of different and delicious options. It was a great place to grab a bite to eat on a more casual evening, and it also seemed to be a popular hangout for the 30+ age bracket. There was a kind of neighborhood feel though, and I was a big fan of the open kitchen. I think it is fun to watch the chefs hard at work.

Marlow’s has a few different locations in the Atlanta area including the popular midtown location where I ate. This location has live music on a few different nights during the week. For me, this is one of the best things about Marlow’s. It reminds me of a trendy restaurant that transforms to trendy lounge at night. If you want to check out the performances, or investigate who is playing at Marlow’s, there is a calendar on their website.

My only complaint is that they really struggled keeping the temperature comfortable. I know that is a silly thing to comment about, but the temperature was a huge issue at our table. I don't usually complain about being cold, but the air conditioning was PUMPING out of a vent directly about our table. We asked numerous times to have it turned off or at least turned down, without any change. By the time my food was ice, the waitress finally got the air conditioning off. It was really annoying. There is a fantastic patio, but it was hotter than Hades during my visit to Atlanta. Perhaps a night when it is not raining or sweaty out, the patio would be a lovely option to enjoy your meal.

Note: You can also order online or do carry out if you need a quick bite on your way home from work.
Cold, but enjoying our meal ;)

Check Atlanta Hotel Deals