Marlin Apartments - Aldgate City East

Check London Hotel Deals

Marlin Apartments - Aldgate City East London Reviews

f_mower f_mower
Lies, damned lies & Marlin Apartments. Don’t bother! Jun 15, 2010
I wouldn’t stay at a Marlin apartment again.

First of all, Marlin’s website and their brochure, which they are still handing out at their receptions, promise a “welcome food and drink hamper”. Our welcome hamper was three tea-bags, four sachets of instant coffee and four of those tiny cartons of milk. Given the flat was designed to accommodate 4 people, this was hardly a “food and drink hamper”!! We deliberately didn’t buy a pint of milk on the way because we thought this would be included in the hamper (as it has been in all the other serviced apartments I’ve stayed in), so, after checking in, we had the fifteen minute walk to the nearest shop. When I raised the issue about the “hamper” at reception, I was told, “Oh, no, we don’t do hampers”. Well, stop promising them in your brochures and website then!!

The Marlin brochure and website also say that you get Sky television in the apartments. Again, don’t believe a word. In our flat, we had digital freeview, and over half of the channels didn’t work at all because the signal wasn’t strong enough.

There was no toilet roll provided, so make sure you go shopping before you check in!

The “Molton Brown toiletries” that were promised in the brochure and in the website consist of one tiny shower gel (not Molton Brown) and one soap. These were provided in only one of the two bathrooms. The people using the other bathroom obviously weren’t meant to wash their hands!

I also support the comments other people have made on this site about the level of cleanliness...the place really wasn’t that clean. The windows were dirty (a bit irritating when you’re paying for the view in a penthouse apartment!), there was food stuck to the dining table, and the floors clearly hadn’t been swept for a while. And they do not provide any cleaning materials, so we ended up buying some ourselves!!

I emailed Marlin about all of this 4 days ago, and have received no reply - not even a confirmation that they have received my email. I think that’s just rude.

Other than the dirt, the flat was nice enough (we stayed in the penthouse apartment at Aldgate East), but, at the kinds of prices that Marlin charge, people expect and should receive a lot more.

There are far better serviced apartments out there. I have paid much less for other serviced apartments, and received much more.

For me, the worst thing is the way in which Marlin Apartments lie in their brochure and on their website. If you don’t provide welcome hampers, Molton Brown toiletries or Sky television, don’t pretend to provide them!

The way that Marlin continues to cash in on these sorts of false claims is outrageous.
This is the extent of the "welcome…

Marlin Apartments - Aldgate City East Overview

Situated in the Bloomsbury, the Marlin Apartments - Aldgate City East is five minutes from Whitechapel Gallery. London's attractions, such as Wilton's Music Hall and East London Mosque are within an easy walking distance.

The Marlin Apartments - Aldgate City East offers a convenient 24-hour reception as well as a concierge for its guests. Guests travelling with their computer can take advantage of the apartment complex's free high speed wireless internet. The apartment complex's garden is a perfect place to rest and relax. The apartment complex's front desk staff are on hand to assist you with any additional requirements you may have.

Family-friendly apartments are available, big enough to accommodate guests travelling with kids. Tea and coffee making facilities, a flat-screen TV and a DVD player can be found in each apartment of the apartment complex. The en suite bathrooms include a hair dryer, a shower and a separate bath.

Marlin Apartments - Aldgate City East Amenities

• DVD Player
  • Garden
  • Desk
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower