Marla's Indian & Caribbean Cuisine

1123 West Lake Street, Minneapolis, MN, USA - (612) 823-2866

Marla's Indian & Caribbean Cuisine Minneapolis Reviews

pinchora pinchora
cute Indian restaurant with Caribbean drinks Jun 18, 2008
Marla's Indian Cuisine is in the Uptown section of Minneapolis. When we went up to it we didn't know there was patron parking to the left so keep that in mind... we put in quarters for every 15 minutes we thought we would be there.

But in the inside the restaurant reminds me of something I would go to in NYC. There are only a couple of table and the room is very small. Also, like in New York, there are photo's of famous people who have eaten there. Now this is the first time I have ever seen this in the Twin Cities... but Danny Glover's photo is in there as it was taken with the owner of the establishment... which always makes you feel like it's a pretty good place... if danny glover can eat there then so can I.

During lunch there was a lunch buffet that we tried. We had some really good curry and my mom's favorite was a Vegetable Pakora (our last names is pronounced the same but spelled slightly different). Pakora is a fried vegetable with a chickpea based batter on it. There was also a fried corn dough with what seemed to be honey glaze on it! Oh my goodness this was good!!!

The service was very laid back. There were 2 people working, the woman as the hostess and the man as the server/table busser. They didn't seemed too concerned about getting stuff without you asking (like refill's on your beverage) but they were very prompt with clearing the plates!

All in all my mom and I liked the restaurant... especially since her name is Marla and there was a dish named after us!! LOL... too bad we're not part Indian or Caribbean!
My mom (Marla) eating her Vegetabl…
My mom, Marla, infront of her sign
vulindlela says: