Mark Twain Family Restaurant

(573) 221-5300

Mark Twain Family Restaurant Hannibal Reviews

diisha392 diisha392
"Hannibal's Hometown Restaurant" Jul 07, 2012
I really enjoyed my lunchtime stop at this restaurant. First, it was easy to find, right on a main road and with a giant rotating root beer mug in the sky, you couldn't miss it.

I walked in behind another family or two but was still seated quickly. My waitress was attentive to my needs and a second man also touched base with me at least twice.

The restaurant was clean, always an important factor.

The menu is varied with a lot of options especially sandwiches (club, reuben, philly steak, blt, catfish, hot dog, burgers). They have their beverages listed in the menu which is important to me; I hate having to ask what drinks a restaurant has, one of my quirks :/

The salads come as either full or half sizes which is great for me and my smaller appetite especially on hot days. I had the half chef salad which also came with some crackers. The mug of homemade root beer was delicious and also came with free refills.

There is a children's menu and a senior menu as well as a breakfast menu (breakfast does have morning hours only). Also a dessert menu offering cheesecake, Mississippi mud pie, hot fudge sundae, and more.

The atmosphere was comfortable and welcoming. If you're looking for fancy food, this restaurant is not the top choice, but if you want somewhere friendly and with good food, I highly recommend Mark Twain Family Restaurant.
Dr_Seuss says:
Had me wanting to go at the giant rotating mug :D
Posted on: Jul 14, 2012