Marival Resort & Suites Nuevo Vallarta

Marival Resort & Suites Nuevo Vallarta Rates and Deals

Marival Resort & Suites Nuevo Vallarta Reviews

canadanow canadanow
For a good time, don't go to the Marival! Feb 04, 2010
I would like to start this review by saying I feel like a "seasoned traveler". We've been on a dozen all-inclusive vacations. We tip everyone every where we go. We'll go on many more vacations only Never again to the Marival. So as you read this please keep that in mind.

I feel we've "seen it all" the good and the bad. We don't go on vacation to a Third World Country believing everything will be perfect. But there are a few things that are important to us... Cleanliness, Safety, and the Weather. With that said, the weather was the only good thing that the Marival had to offer the week we were there.

Cleanliness: The room smelled like Mold! Everyone we met at the Marival said their room smelled like mold too. Coffee pot in room but no coffee to go with it. Why yes of course you could buy some from the hotel... fridge was not stocked when we arrived, later 3 small bottles of water were put in... Cups, cups, they Do Not wash them, alittle rinse and that is it... Very Unsanitary. I watched them pick cutlery up off the floor and put it back on the table. I saw them pick up water glasses off tables more then once and pour the left over water back into the water pitchers.

Moral: Staff was not friendly. Safe to say a hugh percentage of people were sick, including my husband and I. Not sure if it was the mold, food poisoning, or perhaps the lack of cleanliness.

If you want a chair on the beach, better be up by 6am and put a personal item on the chair to mark your place. However that is not always a guarantee you will have your chair when you return. We witnessed beach brawls everday, over chairs and towels.

The pool bar is the first to open at 11am, others open at 12 & 1pm. The bars have 1 bartender each, (who are not in a hurry)so plan to wait a long time for a drink and then a watered down one at that.

The Marival advertised boogie boards included in this all-inclusive, however the hotel fails to tell you if you use the boards you will most likely be charged $20 for wear & tear on the board. Or maybe you will be one of the lucky ones and they will charge you $15. Every other person we ran into was charged Something too.

I'm still confused.... why were they charging for normal use of a boogie board And why were the fees not the same for everyone??

Safety: While I was sunny on the beach, my husband was playing in the waves when all of a sudden a rope came up out of the water. The rope from the para-sail came up out of the water right in the middle of the beach where women, children and my husband were swimming. The boat took off - the rope tightened, came out of the water only to catch my husband in the chest and arm, flipping him up out of the water and over. Everyone around him drew near to be sure he was ok. When he returned to shore, he reported the incident to the security guard. He never said sorry, all he said was "oh, I will need to make a report, they are not suppose to be in the beach area, we've had a lot of complants about them". He then got on his radio with the hotel manager and said he would be talking to us.

To shorten the next 3 days, the security guard was going to make a report and have the hotel manager come talk to us which Never happened.

Well guess what?? Time to check out and no one knows the security guard we talked to all week.... no one at the concierce remembers talking to us and our ______ rep. is off to lunch or something.

At this point we are told we owe $35 for boogie board... What???

Where the heck did 35 come from?? We were told on day 2 we owed $20, never heard $35 from any one. The issue was not that the security guard and the concierce had both told us those charges were dropped.The issue was now no one knows what were talking about...

30 minutes of screaming and shouting in the front lobby and out comes a lady and says, "Sir - I know you whole situation and you are free to go." WHAT?? " I am the hotel manager and I know your situation and you may go". Where the heck was she the last half hour?? Still never a sorry... not one apology from anyone.

Well if you value your life and the lives of your family, wife and children = Dont stay at the Marival, you will not be Safe there.

I would not recommend this resort to Anyone.
kanuck kanuck
You will be happier elsewhere,really! Feb 02, 2010
My wife and I just got back from Marival Puerto Vallarta and I had to write a review.If you have already booked this resort than you may want to skip reading any further because you will not like what you hear.We have been on twelve all-inclusive trips in the last twelve years and are somewhat guru's on the subject.I do a complete investigation before we make any final decision regarding our trip.That is the reason I am writing my first review so no one else can be steered wrong by going to Marival.I understand once you put out the money and have a crappy trip you want to forget,hold on to the good things and not relive it by writing a review but I could not remain silent.If you have a choice in your vacation choose another resort you will be happier.I have been to the other resorts.I have seen the other side.I have lived to experience what is possible.Just like me you work too hard for your money and deserve better.

I like to feel a little pampered,don't you?At Marival you will feel like a cow in the herd.They do not make you feel welcome.If you like those restaurants that they intentionally are rude to you well then this is for you.You will get eyes rolled at you and body language that makes you feel like you are intruding by asking for coffee or anything for that matter.

The rooms smell.The resort is bland and aged.While we were there everyone was sick.Sick as in coming out both ends.Not sure why?If you want to lose weight while on vacation this may be the place.They don't wash the drink glasses and you'll be lucky if they even rinse them.The cutlery is reused I guess hoping that the person before didn't lick it and then put it back onto the table cloth.I personally saw cutlery picked up off the floor and put on a table to be used.

No one smiles.I have never seen so many unhappy workers.I don't know if they are overworked and underpaid or just beaten.

The web site claimed that boogie boards are included,yet they must not have it in the budget to buy such items because you will be nickel and dimmed to subsidize them.I am not a professional boogie boarder but after an hour on a brand new board should there possibly be some wear.Well they tried to charge me and many many more people on the beach $20 for any marks left on the board.Is this not normal wear and tear?I am not saying abusive of a boogie board should be ignored but we're talking normal use.When they rent you a board perhaps the should only allow it to be used in the kiddie pool.The character that runs the boogie board hut is very shady.He should probably lay off the pot because he's starting to believe the crap that comes out of his mouth.

One day while I was playing in the wave getting knocked to and fro the rope from the para-sail landed between a group of us.We all were thinking the same thing that this was dangerous.As I was getting knocked around by the waves it began to get tension and raise up.It happened very fast.As it came up it caught me across the chest and arms l,lifted me out of the water and flipped me backwards.I received some bruising and was very shaken up.Many gathered and asked if I was all right and the incident was all the buzz on the beach as well.I am personally glad it was me and not any of the other women or young children that were also in the water.I reported this to the front desk and security with not even an apology.I was told they would discuss it and get back to me.They did get back to me alright when I tried to leave they gave me a bill for a used boogie board!They had already told me the fee was waived yet made a huge scene at departure.Never even an apology or nothing for my accident.They saw the bruises across my chest and arms yet chose to sweep it under the rug until I left.The para sailing on their beach continued,it never stopped.They told me that they were not in charge of the para-sail operation but it was the sand and beach in front of Marival resort.Their explanation was ridiculous.And if you didn't figure it out I am rather disgruntled.

If you have small children or anyone you care about go elsewhere.If you want to fell special,go elsewhere.If you work hard for your money and want a nice memorable vacation,go elsewhere.If you want good food that you can keep down,go elsewhere.My final words you will be happier elsewhere!

Marival Resort & Suites Nuevo Vallarta Overview

The Marival Resort & Suites Nuevo Vallarta enjoys a beachfront location. The hotel offers comfortable rooms and a day spa and is located within a 10 minute drive from Lic Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport (PVR).

The Marival Resort & Suites Nuevo Vallarta offers a convenient 24-hour reception as well as conference room(s), an outdoor pool and a sauna for the guests. As an extra service for parents with young children, the hotel offers a kids club. Enjoy connection with the hotel's standard Wi-Fi connection available, find out more from the reception. In addition to a kids pool and a concierge, the hotel also offers a beauty salon, a business centre and tennis courts.

The rooms offer elegant d├ęcor and superb 5-star facilities. Equipped to ensure a comfortable stay, rooms have cable / satellite channels, a TV and a safe. The rooms are equipped with an iron, a telephone and a refrigerator and the hotel has room service.

Cruise Ship Pier is within driving distance of the Marival Resort & Suites Nuevo Vallarta. Nuevo Vallarta town centre is within a 20 minute walk from the hotel. The staff will be able to help you organise tours and activities during your stay in Nuevo Vallarta as well as offering dining suggestions.

Marival Resort & Suites Amenities

• Jacuzzi
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Beauty Salon
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower