Maritim Hotel Berlin

Maritim Hotel Berlin Rates and Deals

Maritim Hotel Berlin Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great hotel with really nice service Jun 01, 2011
I was down in Berlin for a conference where it took place inside the Hotel Maritim. I had booked 3 nights the same place because the programme was quite waste from early morning 6 pm the two days the conference lasted.

I had stayed in the area before and I was quite pleased with where it was because it was close to Potzdamer Platz where I stayed the last time. I drove down from Copenhagen and the traffic had ben easy all the way so I was quite fast in Berlin where I arrived at the hotel around 10.30 pm. I parked the car outside the main entrance and went in to check-in. I had been upgraded because I was staying there 3 nights and there were luckily a parking in the basement under the hotel.

The parking was huge and I could go straight up to my floor from the basement. The hotel was really huge and my room was pretty far down the hall on the 3rd floor. When I opened the door I was quite pleased with what I found. The room was large and there was a large bed. Unfortunately it was two beds put together and they split way to easy what I really hate. On top of this it turned out that one bed was really soft; one that folds around you and the other one hard which I prefer.

There were two chairs and a small table in front of the large windows that was to an open inside courtyard. There was a nice desk from where I could work. There was loads of closet space which I liked because I was bringing suits. The bathroom was large and with floor heating as well but which I had no use of because Berlin was quite hot; when I arrived it was 26 degrees outside.

The hotel was really nice in general; the conference when well and with 900 participants I found that they had done a great job coordinating all the food, which by the way tasted great. There were no queues and things worked perfect.

Their ordinary breakfast was exquisite; I had it the last morning before I left. They had everything that you could wish for. They even had champagne and strawberries and I had to go for one of these glasses before I left. I was sitting next to some fresh Russian guys and they were drinking the champagne by the bottle; I bet they had a safe travel home.
The entrance hall
The hall in my room
My bed
The room
cavlizzy says:
Awesome review!!! I will learn from this one. Thanks!
Posted on: Jun 03, 2011

Maritim Hotel Berlin Overview

Stauffenbergstrasse 26, Berlin 10785

Located near the famous Potsdamer Platz Square, with its great public transport links, the superior 4-star Maritim Hotel Berlin offers elegant 1920's style rooms. It is close to the Tiergarten Central Park and many Berlin sights. All rooms feature dark wooden furniture, stylish decor and Wi-Fi internet access. Many of them offer wonderful views of the park. Relax in the hotel's 350sqm spa area, with indoor swimming pool and modern gym.

Children facilities Baby monitor Babysitting Cot on request Extra bed High Chairs

Disabled facilities Disabled parking Accessible Rooms

Hotel facilities Room Service Air-conditioning in public areas Banqueting facilities Concierge Currency Exchange Elevator/Lift Lobby bar Luggage room News stand Postal and fax service Reception (24 hours) Safety Deposit Boxes Shoe shine Underground parking Valet parking Wellness area Wireless internet Gay Friendly

Room facilities Air Conditioning Bathrobe Cable television City Map Complimentary toiletries Double-glazed windows En-Suite Bathroom Fax/modem plug in Slippers Telephone Television Trouser Press TV speaker in bathroom Voicemail Wake-up calls High speed internet connection Work desk with lamp Hairdryer Mini-bar Pay TV Make-up mirror Safe Iron (on request)

Restaurant Restaurant Maritim: Offering space for up to 550 people. A popular rich breakfast buffet is available, offering a huge selection of all kinds of specialties, lunch and dinner, as well as special events, like the Ambassador's brunch every Sunday. A part of the Brasserie, hosting up to 80 people, can be closed with a glass partition wall. Grand restaurant M: The restaurant serves creative international cuisine. Also enjoy Berlin specialities, prepared and based on almost forgotten traditional recipes! During lunchtime, enjoy the special offer for business lunch (2 or 3 courses, with one soft drink and a cup of coffee), or on Friday evenings - the Maritim seafood menu! The a la carte restaurant, elegantly equipped and designed like in the Golden 20s, offers space for up to 120 people, as well as a terrace for 50 people.

Bar Le Bar: Featuring exotic cocktails, sun terrace, dance floor and live piano music in certain evenings. The bar is elegantly furnished with noble dark wood and pictures form the artist Ekaterina More, inviting you to stay and relax with a fresh drink and a light snack.

Children policy Children welcome

Cancellation policy Cancel free of charge up to 24 hrs before check-in, else first night rate

Pets policy Small dogs welcome (extra charge)

Smoking policy Smoking permitted in designated public areas

Check-in time: 15:00 Check-out time: 12:00

Local Attractions Friedrichstrasse shopping street: 2.0 Kilometre Checkpoint Charlie: 2.0 Kilometre Berlin Zoo: 2.0 Kilometre Brandenburg Gate: 1.5 Kilometre Reichstag - German Parliament: 1.5 Kilometre New National Gallery: 200.0 Metre Gendarmenmarkt square: 2.0 Kilometre Tiergarten - Central Park: 200.0 Metre KaDeWe department store: 2.0 Kilometre Potsdam Square - Sony Centre: 800.0 Metre Berlin Philharmonic Hall: 400.0 Metre Boulevard Kurfurstendamm: 2.4 Kilometre

Location Nearest airport: Berlin Nearest train station: Main Train Station - 3km Nearest metro: Potsdamer Platz (U2) - 800m Nearest bus station: Potsdamer Strasse - 200m Nearest other: City Rail (S-Bahn) Station Potsdamer Platz (S1, S2, S25) - 800m

Credit cards accepted by hotel American Express Eurocard Mastercard Visa

• Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Solarium
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes