TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 694,069 travelers just like you!

MarioBG
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Mario
Hometown: Sofia, Bulgaria
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Join Date: November 19, 2015
Contributions: MarioBG has written about 19 places, shared 159 photos, left 226 comments, and smiled 416 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Bulgarian, English, Africaans
Interests
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
2013 - Bulgaria - 1st time back since leaving as 9yr old boy
2014 - Bulgaria - Armin Van Buuren full moon beach party @ Sunny Beach
2014 - Qatar - 39 degrees at midnight
2015 - Mozambique - Awesome stroll through Inhaca Island
2015 - Belgium - Unplanned day trip to Ghent and Brugge
2015/16 - Netherlands - Solo full day tour through Eindhoven on a bicycle
2016 - Italy - Eating the best pizza I ever had on the incredible fishing-village island of Procida
2016 - Switzerland - Taking a walk along Lugano Lake and thinking about my past, my present and my future
2016 - Bulgaria - Taking a walk with my grandmother through the newly discovered ancient town of Cerdica Ancient Centre which was dug out from beneath Sofia City Centre
2016 - Cape Town - Walking among penguins in their natural habitat
2017 - UAE - Enjoying a sunset and traditional dinner in the middle of the Abu Dhabi desert
2017 - Greece - The sunset views of Santorini and exploring the entire island of Paros on a quad bike
Profile
Do check out my travel Instagram account @ wanderlust.magazine
Or check out my personal Instagram account @ mario_iliev

Usually travel solo and rather new to it, only began traveling in 2013 and have managed to visit quite a few awesome places so far.
I find villages, quiet alleys and architecture highly fascinating, as well as canals and bridges.
Im all for experiencing the local way of life so im all up for local street food and local transport.
AdamR3723 says:
Mario, my background is S African (both my parents were born there), but I was born in London. Walking amongst the penguins at Boulder Beach (Cape Town) was one of my favourite things in Cape Town.

Greetings from Adam in London (UK)
Posted on: Feb 21, 2017
spocklogic says:
Same to you, Mario, and best wishes for 2017. I had a splendid festive season and enjoyed a relaxing staycation for some of December - No travel and no work, just R&R at home.
Posted on: Jan 17, 2017
spocklogic says:
With Christmas just a week away, thought I would take time to wish you Happy Holidays!

Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
Posted on: Dec 17, 2016

MarioBG's Travel Blogs

Greece 2017
May 27, 2017 – Oct 31, 2017
Started in Athens. Went off to Hydra and Poros. Then set off to amazing Santorini followed by a few days on Naxos. Neighbouring…
Overview 0 words 18 0 0
UAE - 2017
Apr 25, 2017
First time in the Emirates. Amazing country
Overview 0 words 44 2 7

MarioBG's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
This hotel is simply excellent in every aspect. Location was quite good, very near Downtown Du…
Average priced "General Tips & Advice" in Nairobi, Kenya
I dont usually like to complain but I feel I need to get this off my shoulders. In January 2017…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Milan, Italy
So I have mixed feelings about this hotel, here is why... Price - I must say it was well pric…
This review was featured on Saturday July 9th, 2016