Marine Hotel

Check Dublin Hotel Deals

Marine Hotel Dublin Reviews

tenaka tenaka
Mar 16, 2013
The Marine Hotel is located in the Howth area of Dublin. It is about a five minute walk to the Sutton Dart station, which I found to be very convenient. It was a comfortable walk even in a light rain, though with heavy rain I would have wanted an umbrella. There is also a small shopping strip across the street with a bank (and ATM) and a few stores and restaurants. However if you want to go to "downtown Howth" then it is far enough you'll want to drive.

The staff was extremely nice and helpful both at the desk and in the dining room. Breakfast was 12 euro, which is a little pricey seeing as how the hotel itself was inexpensive, but that is often the case with hotel restaurants. Food was both plentiful and delicious, so I was able to fill up.

The room was a good size and have a spectacular view of the beach. The two negatives were the bed and wifi. While the hotel in general looks very nice and slightly upscale the bed was a little uncomfortable. I think the mattress was probably getting at the end of its life, or at least hope so. And the wifi signal was very weak. I think this may be because I was at the far end of the hotel, I've run into this before where signals are good in rooms close to the lobby and weak at the far end.

Despite these two minor knocks, it was a very nice place to stay and I would strongly consider it again next time I am in Dublin.
Rest of the room
fransglobal says:
I live near there.

If you go back, there's a cafe across the road beside the supermarket which serves breakfast.. I'd imagine it's a lot cheaper than 12 euro.

You can get a 31 bus to Howth or the DART train. It's only a couple of minutes. If tide is out, you can walk along beach - takes about forty minutes.
Posted on: Mar 28, 2013