Marina Bay Sands

www.marinabaysands.com - +65 6688 8868

Marina Bay Sands Rates and Deals

Marina Bay Sands Singapore Reviews

Pearl510 Pearl510
The only reason to come here is a good reason to come here: INFINITY POOL May 07, 2016
I'm not usually staying in fancy hotels so I have little places to compare this to. But I'm very sure that the rooms of the Marina Bay Sands are not good value compared to other high end places. Ours wasn't even properly cleaned. That said, the bed was of course super comfy, the bathroom pretty neat and the building itself feels like a theme park with all it's adjoining restaurants, shops, museums etc. Also even though we didn't pay extra to be on the higher floors, we still had a nice view from the bedroom window.

In the evening we had dinner in one of the restaurants downstairs. It was buffet food - I know one should never expect too much of that. But it was also five star hotel buffet food so I did expect something. The restaurant was definitely too expensive for the quality it offered. Especially the meat tasted all the same. Actually everything tasted pretty bland, there were no distinctive jaw dropping "wow, this is so great" dishes. I even left some of the meat to be taken back which is something I normally never do (as mom always says you finish what you take :)) Most of the desserts had already gone by the time we arrived and were no longer refilled! Another big bummer as I love dessert and the restaurant was open for over another hour! I would never eat here again for sure.

Anyway, I think one should stay at the Marina Bay Sands only if you want to visit the infinity pool. I'm convinced most people stay here just for that reason and the hotel knows that very well. Maybe their standards can be lower just because they know they will stay in business as long as that pool doesn't come crashing down.

So no, I do not regret staying here: I really wanted to swim in that pool and so I did.

But it's important to set the right expectations. This will not be the fanciest hotel you'll ever see in your life. You will have better service in other places, too. But you will not have a pool like that, nor the view, in most hotels so... when you come for the right reasons it's a non-regretable stay for sure. I'm happy to have been here but I'm also happy it was just for one night :)
Infinity pool! Always crowded but …
Rise restaurant buffet food. Not w…
Nice yet overpriced room
Room comes with a view though :)
Pearl510 says:
Posted on: Aug 07, 2016
simsing says:
Congrats on the feature!
Posted on: Aug 05, 2016
vances says:
Appreciate the honest review. Normally I would not add a smile... but since it has been featured...

:^)
Posted on: Aug 05, 2016
yeshan yeshan
The Mother of All Hotels Sep 07, 2015
Probably the most exciting Hotel review iv typed to date, not sure where to begin with but the FREE upgrade to a suite on the 57th Floor nails it!

From the many check in counters (which feels almost like an airport) this hotel has got some magic about it! With a free upgrade in HAND and trying to act normal our minds were just set for this MUST HAVE experience of Singapore. The view from the room is simply stunning and was overlooking the Bay Area, the suite is what you would expect from a Hotel of this nature , massive luxurious and leaving the guests out of words.

So yea on the pool, definitely not over rated but the service up there on the bar definitely not the nicest with the waiters a bit on the stuck up side. The View again is virtually impregnable, the many tourists with their selfi-sticks can be a bit irritating but the hyper does not seem to die down, wading across the breath of the three towers one will soon find every angle has a different view point. The view at night is all pretty lively with Singapore lit up in its full glory don’t be foxed you can never be too early to be at the pool with it being almost crowded at 7.10am when we made it up there from just 2 floors below.

Hands down this hotel lives up to all its hype the furniture tho seems to be getting a bit out of fashion but this is definitely a 9.5 out of 10 experience.
at the checkin counter!
Vikram says:
Free upgrade!!
Posted on: Nov 04, 2015
trippin_jen trippin_…
Marina Bay Sands Nov 04, 2015
My second time staying here (not by choice)and still didn't like it. My impression of this hotel is the same as when I first stayed here 2 years ago.

Service was bad bad bad!

- When I arrived at the lobby, several bellmen were there but never bothered to help with my luggage

- Check- in was EXTREMELY slow you wonder if the concierge is actually learning how to type for the first time (everything was pre-booked and pre-paid, so no idea why it look almost 20 minutes just to check-in?)

- Asked for late check-out, confirmed, but the person didn't inform me that I need to get my room key validated. When I went back to the room after the normal check-out time, it was locked! I called them up but they needed sooo many info for verification which was absurd - how could I give them details of my passport when it's IN the room? I was in a hurry and it took them soooo long to come and unlock my room! Damn! (I read my previous review and my mistake for forgetting about the updating of room key after checkout time, but still, they could have informed me!)

- Here, I can only rate their service as "Poor", if there's an even lower option, I'd choose "VERY BAD"

Room

- I never liked it the last time I stayed here so I checked-in late because I didn't think there's much for me to enjoy anyway. But this time surprisingly I got a bigger room with a big bathroom with bathtub! Surprising!

Amenities

- For such a big hotel, they didn't provide paper bags?! Only small memo pad and pencil provided, no A4 sized writing pad nor envelopes

- 2 bottles of complimentary mineral water. SGD 4 for every extra bottle!

- Complimentary TWG tea

- Toiletries are good though

Location

- Good only if you're spending most of your time at the casino or the Sands Conference Hall, otherwise, I don't see why you should be spending so much for this hotel if you can get better ones in the central

View

- Very nice views, but spoiled by the dirty windows

Pool Access

- There seem to be new ruling that each keycard allows only 1 person to the pool. The last time I was there, I could bring in a few people with only 1 key card.

For both the times I've stayed here, I could only wish to stay elsewhere.
trippin_jen says:
I personally won't choose this place, but sometimes it's not my decision. :)
Caliber-A says:
so no need to book there for the 3rd time.
trippin_jen says:
Well yeah, the pool's supposed to be "exclusive", but at the lobby it's the total opposite where any tom dick and harry could be walking around, even in their robes and indoor slippers...
TB_Xim TB_Xim
Spectacular infinity pool May 01, 2013
We checked in at tower one, there was a long queue and so slow. There’s no seating area at the lobby. The lobby looks like a shopping mall, noisy and always busy, it was crowded with guests and sightseers.

Our room was in tower three which is quite a long walk from tower one. We had the deluxe room, just an average room. The room was pretty clean with ironing facilities, in room safe, minibar, free wifi and balcony overlooking the sea and Gardens by the Bay. King size bed was comfortable and clean. Bathroom is spacious and clean but no tub. The minibar is full and no space for guest storage or to put the complimentary bottled water. Also, it’s an automated minibar with sensor, moving or removing items from the slots will automatically charge to the guest room account. Guest staying with children should advice their kids. Guest can request for the minibar to be cleared for the guest storage and to avoid unnecessary charges incurred.

The infinity pool on 57th floor is spectacular but it's windy, the water was cold and at times it was crowded and noisy. There are several jacuzzis with amazing views overlooking the sea and Gardens by the Bay.

We had our buffet dinner at Rise restaurant in the lobby. Good selection and variety of foods. Foods were okay and the service was excellent. Most of the restaurants in the hotel are expensive but there’s a foodcourt in The Shoppes, 5 minute walk from tower three. We booked our room without breakfast.

There’s a high end shopping mall, SkyPark, ArtScience Museum and casino. Foreigners must show passports in entering the casino. Infinity pool is for hotel guest only and must show the keycard as proof.

Service was poor, we only had a great service at Rise restaurant. Don’t expect to have a 5 star service from this huge and busy hotel. I would only recommend this hotel for one night stay if you only want to experience and have pictures in the infinity pool.
wandafromtexas says:
congrats on the hotel review award!!
Posted on: Dec 17, 2013
TB_Xim says:
Thank u so much everyone. Have a great weekend! :)
Posted on: May 04, 2013
sylviandavid says:
congratultions on being featured... Your advice and information were really good. Thanks for posting this review. Sylvia
Posted on: May 03, 2013
trippin_jen trippin_…
Marine Bay Sands Nov 08, 2013
Not worth your money.

I stayed here because a conference that I attended was held here. Over priced, over rated, over valued. The place is so packed and opened to public (it's a mall + train station + hotel + casino, what do you expect?). The is no exclusive lobby for check in. The check-in counters look like airport check in counters, where you get every tom dick and harry walking behind you.

The elevators only allows you to go up to the rooms with a valid room key, but with 1 key, I can press several floors. Anyone can also join you in the lift (again, any tom dick and harry who's probably there to gamble), so security is not very tight.

When I first entered the room,it was a disappointment. Nothing to wow about, apart from the view (if your room is facing one). The room itself is, well, JUST A ROOM! The toilet and bathroom is 'arranged in a row', where you have first the toilet, then the sink, and then the shower. No bathtub. Not that I like bathtubs anyway, but for the amount of money I'm paying, and considering how prestige this hotel is, I was expecting one. I don't think the design is practical cos there's basically no door for the shower. Although water doesn't really splash out, but if you are sharing a room with someone whom you are not close with, it can be a problem. The toilet and the bathroom is all open.

Toiletries are quite standard. When I checked-in, I have a feeling my room wasn't ready cos they didn't even provide a laundry bag. The beds and pillows are comfortable, but one of the pillow case is torn. Hmmm.. so much for a high class hotel.

Everything in the mini bar is chargeable and it comes with a 5-seconds censor. Pick up anything and you will automatically be charged.

They allowed me a late check out until 2pm (normal time 11am), but they automatically disabled my key card at 11am! When I called them, they came to open my room door, but did not give me a replacement key. I had to go down and change to new keys. Something that I try to avoid because I really didn't like the over-crowded lobby. If you have Agoraphobia, this may not be a good choice.

Ok, on the bright side, their hair dryer is excellent! And you get free access to the infinity pool with a superb view.
Lupobianco Lupobian…
Spectacular Roof Top Pool Dec 15, 2013
The roof top infinity pool looking out over the city state of Singapore is the most outstanding feature of the hotel and reason enough on its own to stay at this hotel. Best enjoyed at sunrise, the infinity pool provides the illusion of hovering 55 floors above the ground. Generally busy during the day, the food and beverage service manages to keep up with demand.

The atrium that runs the length of the hotel provides a sense that you have arrived somewhere very special.

Service at the restaurants can be a little hit and miss at busy times.

Below the ground flor is a casino. If you wish to enter you need to take a passport because local Singaporeans are not permitted. It seems the authorities only want foreigners to lose their hard eared cash. Something to think about before you put it all on red!

The rooms are reasonably sized as are the bathrooms. Most of the rooms have a balcony, which is good if you want to sit out in the warm tropical air with a cold beer.

Check in and check out can take more than a few minutes at peak times (8.30-10 AM especially) or when a large group is checking in or checking out.

The hotel is connected to a huge shopping mall with all the brands you would expect to see at a big mall. Fine if you like that.

Views from all the rooms (whether facing out to sea or back to the city are excellent - although nothing comes close to the view from the pool!
sarahelaine sarahela…
Marina Bay Sands Hotel Feb 21, 2012
Marina Bay Sands is a landmark hotel and casino complex in the newly reclaimed Marina Bay area of Singapore. You'd have to work hard to come to Singapore and not at least see it - it is the triple tower with a boat on top in the bay.

The complex includes a casino (which I ignored), hundreds of hotel rooms, a mall, many restaurants and The Pool.

The Atrium features art by international artists including Anthony Gormley (followers of my blog may know that I once cheerfully drove for two and a half hours each way to see a site-specific Anthony Gormley art work). The mall features a canal with canal rides.

The hotel rooms are spacious, and have floor to ceiling glass windows. As it was my honeymoon, we paid a little extra to stay on the side of the building with the view of the city, and I think it was worth it. There were excellent quality toiletries and huge towels and it was all lovely.

Of course, there are plenty of other, far cheaper hotels with gorgeous rooms and close proximity to malls. The main reason why you would stay in the Marina Bay Sands, apart from if you were into gambling, is the 57th floor infinity pool. It's the length of several soccer pitches, with the infinity pool stretching out at the city side of the skyscrapers and jacuzzis facing the docks and harbour side. The pool is only open to hotel guests, although the public can come to the poolside bar and pay to see the view from part of the roof.

This is a pretty magical hotel. Of course, there are downsides. This clearly isn't where you'd come for cosy personalised service (although the service was both warm and efficient, and generally excellent), and breakfast/meals in the restaurant aren't cheap. On the other hand, there is a very good food court in the mall so we just went there for breakfast.

It's worth noting that there are often money off deals for the Marina Bay Sands on websites like Expedia.

Sitting getting over our jetlag watching the sunrise over the harbour from the comfort of a jacuzzi ranks amongst one of my best travel memories. If you are ever in Singapore with money to treat yourself, this is a brilliant place to stay.
The infinity pool
View from the jacuzzi
Atrium
Mall canal
sarahelaine says:
Anytime. :)
westwind57 says:
I may have a few questions... unless I am wrong my October stay may be sort of special...
sarahelaine says:
Thank you! It was a lovely stay. :)
qoobies qoobies
Overly Cliched Jan 15, 2012
It might be hyped, but this place is extremely overrated. Too much tourists in the lobby taking photos and going in and out to the malls. It does not have that homey feel. Staff is very slow and lacking in their hospitality/charm. The pool on the Skydeck is nice, but it is packed with tourists and kids during the day. On top of that, there are visitors of the skydeck who are constantly staring at the pool guests, making people feel uncomfortable. The location is far from other places, and getting a cab in MBS is subject to a $3 charge on the weekends. Unless you're going to frequent the casino, stay somewhere else.
wandafromtexas says:
nice!! congrats on your new award! have a great new week and keep it up!
Posted on: Dec 16, 2013
Amrisalem says:
good to hear another point of view, i can relate

ve seen that in Atlantis Hotel, Dubai. but still there is that charm.
Posted on: Feb 26, 2012
nolan nolan
Marina Bay Sands - Iconic Hotel, Great View Dec 06, 2012
Update as of December 2012:

Just found out that they already have a light and water show with musical accompaniment.

Pros:

Fairly large room, despite having 2 double beds, one doesn't have the feeling of being cramped

More than adequate bathtub, dual sinks (his & hers), toilet is separated from the main bathroom by an opaque glass door

Great location - nice view whether city side or garden/sea view

Free internet (wired and WiFi)!

Free newspaper in the morning

Free coffee and tea making facilities

Iron and ironing board in room

Hotel guests get discounts to the shows at the main theater

Accessibility to Bayfront MRT station (circle line)

The Shops are just across the street (or through the underground connection)

Helix bridge a short walk away

Free airport shuttle (every 30 minutes)

Taxis are easy to get at the driveway

Cons:

Underground connections close by midnight - have to cross the street to get back to the hotel

Infinity pool could be crowded at times

Some of their staff (especially from housekeeping) do not speak English at all

Housekeeping cleans the room usually late in the day

Check in and check out process is crowded especially when there are convention folks

Mini bar is crowded and you can't even put the complimentary water bottles in it
view of Marina Bay Sands from Heli…
foyer of Tower `
dyron_888 dyron_888
Luxury Hotel with the Great View Apr 22, 2012
It's one of the most Iconic hotel in the World, and now the symbol of luxurious accommodation in the Island of Singapore.

Marina Bay Sands is a hotel & casino paradise, with the price of $400-500 per night you will experience the best. Great location which is in the heart of Marina Bay Area, great food, shopping, entertainment and best of amenities.

Everyone would like to experience the infinity pool up in the Skypark. The view is breathtaking.

For those who loves an unforgettable accommodation and has budget Marina Bay Sands is worth for stay.
leedeeya leedeeya
My Take On MBS May 06, 2012
To be honest I didn't actually stay here but I've worked with a lot of the people of the property and I have to say these guys run a very tight boat.

MBS is massive! There's a lot going on here. Lot's of restaurants for those with deeper pockets, a very very huge mall (again for those with deeper pockets or a love for designer goods).

The rooms are amazing with a view of either the city or the sea view facing the gardens (the gardens are coming up at the moment so it's still a construction view at this point). I was told that the rooms in the third tower don't have bathtubs and are smaller and more affordable. Something for people to consider.

The staff are really helpful. I cannot walk through the lobbies with my things without being approached by at least one staff offering to assist me. The transport staff are also amazing, and very very helpful in helping you with a cab or transport. The place is also so massive but ANY member of MBS will be willing to help give you directions (you will need it).

Affordable food is not easy to find around the property. The food court is pricey for Singapore standards but affordable by MBS's standards. No fast food exists on the property so if you want your weekly fix of McDonalds, grab a train out to City Hall.

If you're not staying here but looking to find things to do, you can bring the family up to the Observation Deck to look at the Singapore skyline but this comes at a cost. However if you choose to dine at Kudeta, you can go up for free. The infamous infinity pool is breath-taking but off-limits now to non-guests. So if you want to even look at the pool, stay a night :)
shafieq shafieq
Luxurious Sleep Sep 04, 2012
Great hotel with an amazing swimming pool. We stayed on Sentosa for 5 nights, visiting all the sights from there and then spent the last 2 nights at Marina Bay Sands to relax. We spent hours each day at the pool which was fairly crowded but not unbearable. Watching the sunset and chilling in the pool at night was quite something. Plenty of shops nearby, too, at The Shoppes with some great restaurants (Wolfgang Puck's Cut was exceptional). There's a water and laser show at nights in the marina which was enjoyable. The hotel is also only a 15 minute stroll from the river. Rooms were very nice and of a decent size. From reading other reviews, many people complained about it being too crowded but I have been to much worse (e.g. Atlantis, The Palm and most Las Vegas hotels) and I thought it was not too bad, e.g. there are different check-in and check-out desks for the different towers, so I never waited too long; never needed to wait long for a lift; . My only complaint, however, is that the breakfast area did feel overcrowded and was noisy, which is not exactly what you want first thing in the morning; the waiters are also rushed off their feet so we always had to wait far too long to get our teas and coffees.

Ultimately, it's the swimming pool that makes the hotel unique, so if you don't intend to use the hotel for that, then there are other options in Singapore to consider.
karenting karenting
Worth for the view Jun 04, 2012
If money is no object, when you visit Singapore, you got to at least book one night in Marina Bay Sands Hotel! And get the Club room because even it's more money than the regular rooms but the perks come with the room are great.

First of all, you get to go up to their famous skypool-- World's Tallest Swimming Pool! (If you don't stay @ Sands, you need to pay around 20 Singapore dollars for using the facility.) The view is so fantastic up there. You definitely need to risk your camera and get some nice pictures from the edge of the pool.

Second, when you stay in Club room or up, you get to have afternoon tea, breakfast and some drinks for free while you are up there in skypark. The place makes you feel vacation should be like this!

The MRT connects to the hotel. You can easily walk to the MRT station without walking out of the building.

Last but not the least, Sands casino! If you enjoy the Casino and would like to try your luck, you will like it! The place has so many levels for Casino itself. You can even find a floor that you can play some games without inhaling all those second hand smoke which is a big plus for me.

So if you are chic and love to spoil yourself for a nice hotel, Marina Bay Sands is a place that won't make you feel bored!
jaikishan jaikishan
MARINA BAY SANDs May 14, 2012
Stayed at Marina Bay Sands hotel NOT A value for Money,

As its Just a HYPE Surrounding the Swimming Pool at the Fifth Floor.

Rooms are Just As normal as it has to be.

I am Talking about Tower 3

Very Good thing About: is its Disc " Avalon" & Casino at the Ground Level, Access to the Disc for 28 Sing$.

CASINO : Singaporens Pay 100 $ for Entry

and Foreigners go in Free ,With Their Passports.

and

Shopping Malls all just Need Window Look.

Costly etc.
pieceofcake pieceofc…
Ultimate luxury - Straits Suite Dec 16, 2011
Ultimate luxury with amazing Straits Suite: Spacious - with 1 master bedroom, Second bedroom, Living room with grand piano, private salon, private gym room, massage bed, karaoke room, auto light/curtain switch and our own butler. It was a "hangover" suite experience and undoubtedly the best in Singapore.

The view was awesome - overseeing the harbour view, you can stay in to watch the water front laser show by the window. And the iconic infinity swimming pool is absolutely breath-taking and add wow factor to this hotel.
travelwithsuz travelwi…
Overpriced and Overrated Oct 03, 2011
Till now, I do not understand why Marina Bay Sands is such an overpriced hotel. Thrice I have stayed here, but apart from the Infinity Pool, there is nothing much that distinguishes this hotel from the rest of the five stars in the city that are reasonably priced.

There are complaints about the slow check in/ check out process and customer service. I am not surprised because it houses more than 1000 rooms, so the personalized service is likely to get compromised.

But having said that, the hotel remains to be an iconic edifice in Singapore. That is because of it's unique design and architecture.
Deluxe Twin
Deluxe Twin
tatanasova tatanaso…
The best chocolate buffet ever Mar 03, 2011
Besides the most amazing view and the incredible swimming pool, Marina Bay Sands has a delicious chocolate buffet with 57 different types of chocolate. I couldn't try all of them, but I wish I did :-)
strattus99 strattus…
Overpriced - but dam nice! Apr 24, 2011
I decided to spoil myself for two days in Singapore and booked the MBS.

Room: I originally booked the Atrium Deluxe room but got upgraded to the Atrium Premier (for free) when checking in. This room was on a much higher floor facing the Singapore skyline and whoa! It was pretty much the nicest room with the sickest view I have ever stayed in. Bed was huge, bathroom was exquisite with all the amenities you could wish for along with a large flat screen tv. I was getting all too comfortable in the room and had to force myself out so I could see more.

Sky Garden: You will have to see this place for yourself to understand how much work has been put into it. There is an observatory deck where anyone can pay $20 (Singapore $) to get up and see a 360 Degree view of Singapore. There is a 150m infinity edge pool overlooking the Singapore skyline which is only available to hotel guests (for free). I spent hours on end relaxing by the pool with a chocolate milkshake, listening to Kanye and reading Machiavelli thinking to myself “Welcome to the Good Life!”. Oh, and some of the women walking around that place…mmmm

Breakfast: Buffet breakfast with many oriental and western dishes. I have read some other reviews with people saying that the breakfast was pretty cheap and crappy but I loved it. Regardless of how it tastes, it looks nice!

The hotel also has a large up-scale shopping centre, casino and a bunch of fine dining and celebrity restaurants. These places are nice to walk around and window shop but I was running a bit low on cash so decided not to take up any of these.

This hotel was just about perfect for me when I stayed. If there are any negatives it would be the crowd (I went early Jan so peak time) and not much in terms of a “personalised service”. Oh and the price is much on the dearer side. I payed approx $850 ($ SIN) for only two nights. If money wasn’t a problem (I wish) I would definitely stay there again.
Jane_Duong Jane_Duo…
New place to see in Singapore - Marina Bay Sands Resort Jun 12, 2011
As I love specific culture, I found Singapore not my interest as there are high buildings in most of the country.

However, one building in town that you must see when you're in Singapore, e.i. Mariana Bay Sands Resort. It's a new building. There's a casino, and a luxury hotel inside. But they aren't the most interesting things about this place.

Firstly, it's special and unique from its shape. It's built in the shape of a ship hung on the 3 high buildings. In that way, the boat is a connection of the 3 buildings. On the boat, there's a bar, and a swimming pool. People can swim and enjoy the sunrise/sunset. You just feel that you are swimming in the middle of the air, with buildings around you. It's a really cool feeling!

The entrance fee to get on the rooftop is 20SGD/person (update in Feb 2010)
from rooftop of Marina Bay Sands R…
fr3ddiboi fr3ddiboi
A Stay at The Sands Jun 29, 2011
The Marina Bay Sands hotel (part of the Las Vegas Sands resort) is an iconic building. When I first saw it I was reminded of the story of Noah’s Arc as it looks like a giant ship on top of three towers.

If you are staying in the hotel then you get complimentary access to the Sky Observation Deck which is not the highest point in Singapore, but the view nonetheless is still impressive on a clear day. There is an infinity pool which looks out over the bay and over to the city. There are also a few hot-tubs dotted around. I’m not sure if I would have been willing to have paid the S$20 to have gone up there as there is not a huge amount to do.

The hotel has 3 towers and the room that I had was amazing. I was really lucky and manage to get upgraded so my room had an extremely comfortable bed and a large lounge area with another large flat screen TV. The views from the window (which is curved) were great also. The bathroom shocked me as it was much larger than I expected. There was a walk-in shower and a very comfortable role top bathtub.
View from the Sky Park

• Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes