Marienplatz

089/23886696

Marienplatz Munich Reviews

Bojasem Bojasem
amazing sight seeing Jun 03, 2014
Marienplatz : this name from St. Mary, Our Lady's Square. this area are central in Munich & it have beautiful nice building also this area have the festival like when bayren Munich when the league i saw the festival there. this area great for shopping stores , many brands & alot of restaurant

cafes . you will enjoy shopping there.

also this are one of the best area for staying in munich if you are looking for luxury you can stay in Mandarin Oriental, Munich,Hotel Torbraeu ,Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munchen & etc great.

there are many church in this area.

this area not far from vitual market & karlplatz.

if you are in Munich do not miss it
statue in start of marienplatz
statue in church near marienplatz
marienplatz street
CheersKL CheersKL
Marienplatz, Munich Germany Nov 04, 2011
Missed the Octoberfest but sure glad I found myself in Marienplatz. Would not have thought of visiting if it's not to visit a friend in Munich.

Dating back to the 12th century, Marienplatz used to be home to medieval markets, celebrations, and tournaments; today, the square is a a popular meeting point for locals and tourists alike. In the 21st century, it still invite the same atmoshpere. It's a great starting point to all to

other tourist attractions such as the Old Town Hall, Old Peter, New Town Hall and Viktualienmarket.

I spent whole day admiring and absorbing the culture and tried the German Bavarian soup (I was sooo ...oo cold !!)

A slow walk to Neue Rathaus
georg_martin georg_ma…
Nice place May 30, 2011
See nice architecture and 2 times a day the famous "Glockenspiel". Destroyed in second world war the building looks still like hundreds of years old. Nice pictures. Marienplatz is a big underground station, too. Take almost every U-/ or S-Bahn to reach the square.
wongjst wongjst
Jul 06, 2007
Many shops and restaurants are lies within the walking zone right between Karlsplatz and Marienplatz is the most crowded area within Munich. Marienplatz, in English we called it Mary's Square, it is the plaza that located right at the central area of the city of Munich.
aliongoi says:
Wow the place is so beeautifull
Posted on: Nov 04, 2011
X_Drive X_Drive
May 19, 2005
Marienplatz is Munich’s home of their New Town Hall, about 150 years old, and Old Town Hall, about 600 years old. The square in olden times was used for tournaments. Today, it is the gathering place for tourists, there to see the architecture and the Glockenspiel which during the summer months is animated and performs at 11am, 12 noon and 5pm. The movement is nothing much by today’s standards, but a real work by artisans of the time, something that the youth of today must remember. To me the architecture was the real draw of the square. The stone figures and gargoyles and the elaborate detail was fantastic.

Related Travel Blogs About Marienplatz

What is there to do in Munich but.. drink!
 Our destination today would be Munich with our arrival at the German border taking all of 7 minutes. Lunchtime, we stopped at the coolest rest stop near Nuremberg. The restroom consisted o…MUNICH,  Marienplatz to explore for a couple of hours. This was also a big tourist area crowded with…
München - Tag Zwei
Easter Vacation 2006 Munich: Day One We started of (D & me) from Aalborg at around 5 pm to Odense from where we would take the Intercity till Munich. Only one change - not bad. Now a word …Marienplatz is Munich's central square and is dominated by the impressively ornate New Town Hall (Neues Rathaus) . The town…
Arrived in Munich!
I was hoping I had enough sleep, as the plane was approaching Munich. Never easy to sleep on the plane. I had to contain my excitement until I was actually in the city center. Once the plane landed, …Munich, called Marienplatz, with buildings that give that historic feel. Most of them were buildings of the Old Town, that…

Check Munich Hotel Deals