Mariam Hotel Madaba

Check Madaba Hotel Deals

Mariam Hotel Madaba Reviews

halilee halilee
Excellent stay Apr 13, 2013
We enjoyed 4 nights at this hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Showers had lots of hot water ( takes a few minutes to kick in) although in some rooms, the showers were super tiny. Bathrooms were small but totally sufficient. Some of the rooms featured a small balcony. All rooms had safes as well as TV's with ENGLISH channels!! I think this was the only place on this trip that had english channels, not that I really watched any tv myself. The doors for the room are very loud and echo throughout the hallways and anyone that is talking out in the hallway will be heard in the rooms, so not overly soundproof. One wonderful bonus was a good hairdryer provided in each of the rooms! Also wifi is free and excellent! Had the best wifi of anywhere we'd been in Egypt and Jordan. The hotel is located in an area that is nice and quiet however.

Foood was very good that we had and the breakfast was quite decent with eggs ( scrambled and hard boiled), delicious pancakes with a variety of jams and sauces, cereal, juice, veggies, etc.

There is a nice size pool however we didn't use the first day as it was pretty dirty with even socks and underwear in it. The 2nd day we were there it was getting cleaned.

The staff was amazing, very helpful and friendly. What impressed me most was upon returning home my daughter noticed her journal which she had to keep for school was missing. I emailed the hotel and they confirmed that it was indeed there. I asked if they could return it to us COD or charge us for it, and they kindly and generously offered to send it back to us free of charge. As we've only been home a week we haven't recieved it as of yet, but I have no doubt that we will.

Would definitely recommend this hotel!
breakfast area
view from breakfast area
hotel facade
room
missandrea81 says:
There was underwear in the pool? Yikes...

Very nice of them to send your daughters journal. I hope it gets to you quickly.
Posted on: Apr 23, 2013
g_wedders g_wedders
wonderful hotel Jul 12, 2012
I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

From the pristine rooms, comfy beds and nice bathrooms (an important part of any hotel) to the friendly and helpful staff this is a fantastic place to make into your base to explore Jordan.

The trips organised by this hotel are good as well. Good value and friendly drivers always willing to stop if you see a good photo opportunity and they didn't rush you at any point.

Buffet breakfast is included and it is just a standard selection for a breakfast, good coffee and tea though! The evening meal we had here was to a good standard as well.

Basically if all hotels were as good as this there would be no need to make a complaint ever again. Definitely 5 stars
excellent room
resting on the balcony
balcony view
humboldtravler humboldt…
the best Apr 23, 2011
they are so helpfull. its the place to stay. you can walk into town for everything, but there breakfeast is great. They offer the best connections for cabs, and the other travelers are really friendly there
stevieshirt says:
Hi,

I really enjoyed your review of the Mariam Hotel, how did you find Jordan in general? we are staying for a week.

Regards
Steve
Posted on: Sep 23, 2012
paull75 paull75
Great value for money! Oct 22, 2010
For only JD35 per night, we stayed at this great hotel.

- It has a really nice swimmingpool, which is very welcome after a day of sightseeing at 37degrees C.

- At the swimmingpool you can order some food and even (although not cheap)beer. The cheeseburger is recommended!

- The staff is very helpful and friendly. We were not the easiest guests (wanted another room for the second day just because we wanted 1 bed iso separate beds, and after that we asked for a different matras), but they granted every request with a friendly smile.

You go to Jordan: don't stay in Amman, but in Madaba. You stay in Madaba? Stay in Hotel marjan.
paull75 says:
About 50km?
An hour drive I think.
To be hounest we didn't even really visit Amman.
We explored Madaba which is a nice characteristic town.
Karim4u says:
How far is madaba from Amman?
vances vances
Oct 11, 2007
This is a great place to start your Jordan adventure. It is only 20km from the Queen Alia Airport and not towards Amman (i.e., much less traffic). Situated in Madaba, a great staging ground for exploration of magnificent nearby sites.

There is a (slow) internet connection available in the lobby (they charge 1JD per half-hour, if the desk clerk notices you sitting there), and they have a restaurant in the hotel...extremely convenient if you have just arrived. The crowd here is decidedly Western, so you if you hail from an English-speaking culture you should encounter folks to easily converse with.

But if you have read about the 10% discount for telling them you were referred by the 'Rough Guide' --> forget it! I got presented with a photocopied letter in French and a long diatribe around how this had not been authorized when I inquired. But no worries, the rates are ridiculously cheap. The rooms are cramped, but definitely worth the price of admission.
yeah, they have a swimming pool to…
Just to illustrate the evolution o…
naztravel says:
Hi, I'm Naz. I love travelling and am looking for a female travel buddy to Jordan/Luxor/Aswan in early Jan 2017. if anyone is interested let me know. Thank you
Posted on: Nov 24, 2016
vances says:
There isn't much night life in Madaba, though the Mariam is one of the few places in town with a bar. I paid 21JD for a taxi ride from the airport (agreed upon before we departed), but a friend told me I should only have paid 12JD!
Karim4u says:
How much cost from airport to this hotel? Any night life near by?

Related Travel Blogs About Mariam Hotel Madaba

Famous Last Words...
And we’re off.  A good start as I arranged for an unusual flight plan to reach Amman and team up with Mark (rendezvousing with me from Dubai).  There was a direct flight from JFK to Am…Mariam Hotel in Madaba is 21 JD.   The amount is paid and I trust it to fate that…

Check Madaba Hotel Deals