Margaritaville

Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

Margaritaville Grand Cayman Reviews

ChrisMcDevitt ChrisMcD…
Pressed For Time Again At Margaritaville Jul 29, 2010
We were rather pressed for time when we arrived at the restaurant/bar however we had two wristbands for a free margarita ,as part of an "island hopping" promotion, that we had picked up in Ocho Rios, and we wanted to use them.

As we walked in they were in the middle of a dance-off competition between six or seven young ladies ranging in age from 12-24 or so. A dance-off competition that was rapidly becoming a booty-shake off despite the DJ's best efforts to curb the competitors lack of inhibitions. I didn't see anyone complaining besides the parents of the 12 year old; yea mon.

We got our margaritas and I ordered a beer I'd never had before. Sensing my possibly unrefined palette, the bartender poured me a small glass for free and asked me to try it before I buy it. He was right. I can drink a Bock but never as my first drink, he then poured me a Cayman local brew similar to an American Lager. I tipped him extra for his honesty, although I can't really remark on the drink prices since I was in a hurry, a drink special might have been running, and because the Cayman dollar was actually trading at a value of $1.25 to an American one when we were there.

Once we got our drinks, we immediately headed to the pool. We decided to forgo the hot tub since it was festering with children. But much to our delight their waterslide was open and operational. We each went about three to four times, racing up the stairs like and next to children. We tried to capture our descents on film but could never figure out the timing to press the shutter at the right moment.

We downed our drinks and took one more trip down the waterslide before leaving wet and worn out.

Great fun.

Related Travel Blogs About Margaritaville

Island Hopping at Margaritaville
We first visited the Grand Cayman Margaritaville at 9am. Having heard from a drunk patron at their Ocho Rios location that she had been there since that time the previous day. We were disappointed to…Grand Cayman Margaritaville at 9am. Having heard from a drunk patron at their Ocho Rios location that she had been…
Day Three - a visit to Georgetown
On Wednesday we went into George Town, the capital city and epicenter of the island. There are numerous banks and office buildings, as this is the financial center of most of the Caribbean with all t…Margaritaville and Grand Cayman Harley-Davidson. It was a very hot day walking around town, but without the cruise ship…

Check Grand Cayman Hotel Deals