Marengo Cave

400 E State Road 64, Marengo, IN, USA - (812) 365-2705

Marengo Cave Reviews

vulindlela vulindle…
Ready for a little caving? Oct 23, 2010
We went to Marengo Cave recently and found it to be worth a visit.

This US National Landmark was discovered in 1883 and has been giving tours ever since.

There are two different tours offered.

1. Crystal Palace tour, which is 40 minutes and 1/3 of a mile long. We did not do this tour.

This is $13.50 for adults and $7 for children.

2. Dripstone tour, which is 70 minutes and also 1/3 of a mile.

This is $15 for adults and $7.50 for children.

We really enjoyed the dripstone tour and it was very informative. The natural formations are amazing!

This was the first cave I have been to and I would love to visit more caves.
Sign at entrance
Cave entrance
Dalmia says:
Posted on: Oct 26, 2010
Dr_Seuss says:
Looks well worth a visit :)
Posted on: Oct 24, 2010
rotorhead85 says:
After the events in Chile last week I think I'll stay above ground though!
Posted on: Oct 23, 2010
lrbuster lrbuster
Cave adventures Dec 03, 2010
Me and my family went on a trip to Indiana/Kentucky Border in late August.We stayed in French lick & West Baden.During our trip to this charming little southern town we visited historic sites,winerys,and the Marengo Caves.This was such a cool thing to do with the family and i highly reccomend it for adults and children!You get to choose from the gemstone caves or dripstone cave tours,we choose dripstone cave tours . Got to go 200 ft underground into these amazingly beautiful caves!The tour guides kept it fun and adventourous and gave complete history about the caves how the were found and formed!! Highly reccommned this tour! Also if you are in the area go to the historic West Baden hotel(ive included pics)it used to be the biggest Dome in noth america.Also the French lick winerys are great fun!
Marengo caves
Entrance to caves
dripstone caves
lrbuster says:
Was a great time with the family!
Posted on: Dec 03, 2010
ktee036 says:
Great Pics....the dripstone caves look so cool
Posted on: Dec 03, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Marengo Cave

Off into the Wild Blue Yonder, sans Luggage
This is probably the first blog I have actually written onboard an airplane. I have owned a laptop for about seven years,  but either I wasn’t writing then, or I didn’t have enough batter po…Marengo Cave and Spring Mill State Park .   One of those projects I mentioned in my opening paragraph is that…

Check Marengo Hotel Deals