Zähringerstr. 69, Karlsruhe, Germany
0049/721/21644 - 0049/721/21644

Maredo Karlsruhe Reviews

Sunrise5 Sunrise5
Review Nov 20, 2008
First to say (for the sake of objectiveness): It's a long time ago since I've been there last time.

But: This will also remain my first and last time.

When I entered and sat down there, I liked the interior and the ambience at first, which matched the image this restaurant chain wants to keep up. Regrettably, they needed some 30(?) minutes to vitiate this positive first impression, because this was the time I waited to order my steak. Admittedly, there had been a waiter asking us earlier, but this was when we hardly had sat down. Well, I had worked once as a waitress ages ago. I don't even want to think about what my boss would have done with me, if I had done my job this way...

Conclusion #1: The service is nothing.

Finally, after what seemed to be ages and with my friend (who was also there) almost dying of hunger we got our steaks...well...what should I say? A restaurant, which boasts of its steaks, is expected to make an almost perfect steak - inside rosy and juicy and outside crispy. To be honest, eating my dinner I feeled like chewing on a grilled shoe sole. This quite tiny piece of meat was ok, but didn't deserve the term "delicious" in the least. Besides, they seemed not have ever heard of "medium", as it was even more than well done. My friend was even less happy with his meal, which he found to be definetely too little. So he left the restaurant quite unsatisfied - and me, too!

Conclusion #2: My steaks are better - and bigger! :-)

Taking into account the upper points, the price we paid for our meals, was definitely not justified. There are better ways to spend 15 Euro.

Conclusion #3: Go somewhere else or buy some fillet of the Charolais if you can make something decent out of it. It's much more worthwhile.

Check Karlsruhe Hotel Deals