Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel

Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel Rates and Deals

Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel Hong Kong Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Wonderful Hotel and outstanding location Jan 20, 2012
Instead of looking for buses I had decided to take a taxi. The taxi area was well structured and I was in a taxi less than 5 minutes later. The taxi driver knew that I was a tourist and the first question is as always if it was the first time in Hong Kong, because then they bring anywhere to get to your target. We discussed the hotel name and he even looked at the booking, which was both in English and Chinese. Less than 10 minutes later I was standing in front of the hotel where I was met by the bell-boy that took my suitcase to the reception.

I went up to the reception and it turned out that the driver had managed to drive me to the wrong hotel, but luckily my hotel was only 150 meters further down Canton Road. I went out on Canton Road and just stopped up to sense the Hong Kong evening and just enjoyed the sound and smells of this magnificent city. I walked down towards the harbor just looking at the light and the people around me. The evening was quite mild, it was almost 20 degrees and I had a huge smile on my face.

I entered the right hotel that was situated almost at the beginning of canton Road; the hotel was next to a huge mall and the entrance was all marble and in the middle a Chinese good luck tree was taking a lot of the space. The reception area was huge and I was escorted to the end were an eager young man took care of my booking. He was really sick but tried to keep up the spirit. He found the booking and asked me if I wanted an upgrade for 250 HK$. I agreed on the upgrade and received a room on the 13th floor.

When I opened the door I really appreciated my decision of my upgrade. Just inside the door to the right I had a small room with space for the suitcase and the mini bar and safe. I started to check out the bar and picked out a Chinese beer before I even saw the rest of the room. The room was really large; at the end of the room there was a sofa group with a sofa, two chairs and a table. There was a flat screen on the wall opposite the huge bed with the bathroom to the right.

The bed was simply wonderful it wouldn’t take that long before I would be sleeping in that one. The bathroom was in two sections; one had the sink and the closets, the other the toilet and tub. The bathroom was great. The room had loads of windows but there was no view other than straight in to the other large buildings. The last section of the room had a nice desk and a chair; it was a great room that I was going to enjoy the coming days.

I fetched my beer from the minibar room and sat down in the sofa to enjoy my arrival in Hong Kong and a great hotel.

The hotel was located in an amazing place; it was situated next door to a great shopping mall; The Harbor Mall and with all the brand shops you can imagine of Canton Road. Some of the other thing just nearby is the Ferry Terminal with the boats to Hong Kong Island and the Museum of Modern Art and the space museum.
The sofa group
My bed
The sofa corner
The desk
Chokk says:
Ha, ha we do the same thing then :D

Have a great day, Glynnes and thanks for the smiles and comments
Posted on: Feb 04, 2012
Glynnes says:
Checking out the mini-bar is the first thing I usually do upon entering a hotel room;-}
Posted on: Feb 04, 2012
reikunboy reikunboy
Marco Polo comfort Dec 26, 2010
The Marco Polo is conveniently located in the largest shopping mall in Hong Kong (Harbour City)on Canton road. On the northern end in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui on the Kowloon side of HongKong. Be careful though there are 4 Marco Polo hotels in this mall so make sure you go to the right one.

The hotel staff were nice and check in went smoothly. The staff in the lobby always acted efficiently and were able to answer any questions that we had. There is no concierge at the hotel, the check in staff at reception also deal with this.

The room was your typical Hong Kong city hotel. The size of the room was the average size for this kind of hotel.

The beds were two single beds put together which seems normal for Hong Kong as we later stayed in another hotel on Hong Kong island and the beds were the same.

The bathroom/ shower was of good size and very clean with ammenities that you expect to find.

The hotel has a pool a few restaurants, room service but we did not use or eat at any of the restaurants.

Overall good value for money for a Hong Kong hotel with a great location. I would definately stay here again.
irene820 irene820
Marco Polo Hong Kong Hotel May 01, 2008
Prime location. Attached to big shopping mall. 3 minutes walk to MTR station. 1 minutes walk to Star ferry pier. We had a new year eve party in 2007/08 in a one bedroom suite, it was nice.
Marco Polo Hong Kong Hotel: Sittin…
Marco Polo Hong Kong Hotel: Bedroom
Marco Polo Hong Kong Hotel: Sittin…

Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel Overview

Located central to many areas of the city, the Marco Polo HK is within walking distance of area attractions, including Kowloon Park, the Hong Kong Museum of Art, the Space Museum, Star Ferry, and the Tsimshatsui shopping district. The hotel is a part of the Harbor City, a large shopping center in Hong Kong. Amenities offered by the hotel include seven restaurants, conference, function, and banquet rooms, a swimming pool, and currency exchange. The hotel also offers concierge, room, and currency exchange services. The Marco Polo Hong Kong is situated centrally to the city’s shopping and attractions. A harbor ferry is within moments from the hotel, and local transportation options are close by.

Many of the rooms at the Marco Polo Hotel in Hong Kong afford views of Victoria Harbor, which includes a nightly light show on the local buildings. Other amenities offered by the rooms of the hotel include air-conditioning, telephones, bathrooms, and data ports. Continental Club rooms feature butler service, complimentary coffee, tea, cocktails, in-room safes, shoeshine service, and cable television.

The Marco Polo Hotel Hong Kong is conveniently situated as a part of the Harbor City shopping center, providing guests easy access to shopping, dining, and attractions.

Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes