Marche Swiss Market Restaurant

Rooftop
Marche Swiss Market Restaurant - The lunch special:
Pan-seared Smoked Salmon or Sea Bass with Baked Potato ~ S$8.90
Marche Swiss Market Restaurant - Cute cow, ha ha!
Marche Swiss Market Restaurant - Marche Swiss Market Restaurant at Vivo City Mall, Singapore
Marche Swiss Market Restaurant - The Seafood Wood-fire Grill corner
Marche Swiss Market Restaurant - The Paella Station
Marche Swiss Market Restaurant - The satisfied customers~ ;D
~12 Feb 2010~

Marche Swiss Market Restaurant Reviews

Daive Daive
One of a kind! Mar 09, 2010
It was my first time to eat at a place with a theme like Marche's. I felt like a kid in a candy store. I wanted to order everything, as everything looked so good, fresh, and yummy!

Outside, the place looks really expensive. It's located on the rooftop of Vivo City Mall and surrounded by glass (or something like it, ha ha).

Upon entering you'll be greeted by a friendly receptionist (and the wonderful aroma of grilled meat, freshly baked bread, and melting butter and cheese which will make your stomach immediately remind you that you're STARVING) who'll hand you an ATM-type card and ask you if you're familiar with how to use it. I didn't quite get what she said afterwards, but maybe because I was distracted from looking eagerly at what was behind her.

We had no plans of dining there, we were on our way to the Food Republic when my friend saw the Lunch Special. He said they usually indulge and spend as much as S$30 at Marche but only after payday (it is a bit pricey, only because you won't be able to control yourself from ordering something at every counter!). But when he saw what was advertised on their mini blackboard outside - "Pan Seared Sea Bass or Smoked Salmon with Baked Potato, S$8.90," he said it was too much of a good deal to pass up on!

He was right. I loved it (cooked just right, not dry, not bland). Not to mention the help-yourself-condiments counter beside the griller (heaps of yummy homemade-type tartare sauce!)

If I wasn't feeling full that day, I would've tried everything, ha ha! They had a soup and salad counter, an area for your choice of woodfire-grilled/pan fried meat or seafood, a Paella station, a Sausage and Swiss Rosti counter (which seemed to be in demand, long line!), a beverage station of course, wine, bread of all kinds, veggies, a pasta station and a couple more I may have forgotten.

Oh! What's so unusual about the place, btw, is the freedom-to-go-around-order-what-you-want-to-be-freshly-cooked-infront-of-you-and-swipe-your-card thing.;) Pay only at the exit. Sorry if I sound lacking in social graces, but we don't have that here in Manila!

The interior (as described by Vivo City): constructed like a Swiss chalet using 500 year old antique wood taken from authentic Alpine village huts. Wow, huh? Yeah, I loved the interior, but stay away from the window area during lunch time though, it's a bit hot (window, plus sun, plus summer heat..you know). I imagine though that it would be quite romantic at night!

Price: Average to expensive, depending on what and HOW MUCH you order ;)

Service: Would have been HIGHLY recommended, if not for the "could-be-friendlier" cook at the griller area (but I get it, it was a busy day) and the usher-waitress who could have asked where "we" preferred to sit (instead of leading us to some faaar corner, of course I protested). BUT, don't let that stop you from trying it out, it's a MUST when visiting Singapore! :)
Marche Swiss Market Restaurant at …
Cute cow, ha ha!
The lunch special: Pan-seared Sm…
The Seafood Wood-fire Grill corner
X_Drive says:
This review is terrific!! Take it from Eric, the creator of this wonderful site, Mark, a super long time member, and myself. We all can't be wrong! :D
travelman727 says: