Marche Moderne

3333 Bristol St # 3001, Costa Mesa, CA, USA - (714) 434-7900

Marche Moderne Costa Mesa Reviews

Eric Eric
Fancy Dining in the OC Nov 10, 2008
Ate here for an anniversary dinner with Lisa! The restaurant is located on the top floor of South Coast Plaza, a fancy shopping mall in the OC.

The ambiance was a bit mixed. We were seated outside in a pleasant little patio area. Unfortunately, there was also a speaker playing atmospheric/new-wave/contemporary music right next to the corner where our table was. I'm not sure if this was supposed to help set the mood, but I think I would have preferred if there was no music at all, as it seemed a little bit tacky.

The food was good, but in my humble opinion not amazing. For my appetizer, I had the "Marche Composee" -- a hearty salad which was pretty tasty, but a bit heavy. For my main course I had a Mediterranean fish called "Rouget", which was highly recommended by the waiter. To be honest, I didn't like this dish that much, and it tasted like fish I could have gotten for half the price. Actually, my favorite part of the meal was probably the bread - warm, soft on the inside, and perfectly crusty!

Service, like the food, was good but not amazing.

Overall, good, but I think my expectations were a little bit higher so it ended up being slightly disappointing!
Dark, unappetizing iPhone photo of…
TRE69 says:
sorry your dining experience was disappointing...thanks for the warning! :p
Posted on: Nov 11, 2008