Marché aux Fleurs

Near Notre Dame, Paris, France

Marché aux Fleurs Paris Reviews

Vikram Vikram
The Bird Market on a beautiful Sunday afternoon Sep 22, 2013
This was a place I wanted to see from a really really long time!

I know it sounds a bit "child friendly" and "boring" at face value - the idea of having a bird market in a flower market and only during certain Sundays of the month is, well, again, kinda... meh! But, paint the same picture in your mind just 2 blocks away from *the* Notre Dame Cathedrale, in *the* Ile de la Cite region and suddenly it sounds like a MUST-ATTEND event!

Must-attend indeed it was! I guess what made this so nice for me was that I wasn't expecting it. Got out of the Metro hoping to get to Notre Dame et voila, I hear these really nice chirping sounds that made it such a nice departure from the usual noisy banter.

I don't know that there's a lot to talk about the bird market as such.... birds are the same everywhere - chirp, chirp, chirp. But it was nice to see so many small and colourful ones, and heaven knows I've never been to a bird market myself before.

To those visiting Paris, I wouldn't put this on the bucket list, but it's an amazing place if you accidentally wandered into it.

Check Paris Hotel Deals