Marble Arch

Rochdale road , Manchester, United Kingdom

Marble Arch Manchester Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Marble Arch Jun 19, 2011
Marble Arch is a pub and microbrewery on the outskirts of Manchester, and it is a thing of joy.  It looks slightly unimpressive from the outside, and we had passed it many times without thinking twice about it, until a man we met in one of our other favourite pubs convinced us it was worth a look.

The pub has a main room, a dining room and a little terrace round the back.  The beers are made in the microbrewery, although there are spirits and soft drinks from well known brands.    I didn’t try the food, although I have heard good things about it second hand, but the beer is excellent.  With outdoor drinking spaces so limited in Manchester, it’s always a joy to find a pub with nice beer and a little terrace.  The terrace isn’t the most glamorous in the world and you are sharing your space with some beer kegs, but there are cheerful flowers and it’s very nice.  The pub attracts a mixed crowd of cool young Manchester things from the large apartment developments nearby and older people appreciating the beer.

The inside must be original Victorian, because no one would choose that colour scheme now, but has a fantastic mosaic floor and amazing old tile work.

Although this pub is slightly too far away from my house to become a regular haunt, it is a wonderful old bar and I will definitely be going back.  It has a sister bar in the centre of the Northern Quarter on Thomas Street, and I can't wait until I have a chance to go.

Related Travel Blogs About Marble Arch

Rudyard Lake
It was a beautiful day, and some of my old friends from Essex were on holiday nearby in the Peak District. They suggested we come out for a day trip together, to Rudyard Lake Steam Railway. Now, mini…Manchester and had a pint in the Marble Arch, and a nice meal in an all-you-can-eat Brazilian…

Check Manchester Hotel Deals