Maranui Surf Life Saving Cafe

Lyall Bay, Wellington, New Zealand - Ph: (04) 387 2829

Maranui Surf Life Saving Cafe Wellington Reviews

siamesekiwi siamesek…
May 13, 2007
What we like most about this place is the ambience. As being a surf life saving club since the 40’s, Maranui Surf Life Saving Café benefits from its front big clear window. We enjoy seeing the wave crushing the Lyall Bay’s shore.

The place is spacious but always jammed packed in the weekends from noon-2 pm. There is a reasonable size desk for customers to breath in the fresh air. Good for getting some sun on a not-too windy day!

You can choose your food either over the counter or from the menu. Although the food doesn’t seem to be distinctive, we’d like to recommend the calamari with avocado dip as one of the great dishes. I’m a big fan of pancake with banana and bacon but I’m a bit disappointed with their own oatmeal pancake recipe. The taste of the oat is pretty strong. I rate their iced-coffee “8/10” while my husband give them 9 for the moccachino.

We spend about $35 for 2 meals and 2 drinks, pretty standard price compared to other cafes in the city.

If you’re bringing small kids with you, there are a few highchair available but we recommend ‘eat seat’ which would be more convenient particularly on the busy day.
newtampo says:
Cheers for pancake with bacon!
Posted on: May 13, 2007