Mara

Herrnstrasse, Munich, Germany

Mara Munich Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Mara and the beer from Hell Jul 11, 2009
I really did not know what I did wrong besides walking in to this place at all.

This place is situated on the Square on the corner of Herrnstrasse and Hochbrückenstrasse. Mara is open mornings until 10 am, so maybe I was way too early and not a part the group of regulars who meet after spending the night awake on the job: taxi drivers, doormen, and the employees of surrounding hotels and restaurants.

I ordered a Weiss beer but I was too late! To LATE - they had just opend!! They did not serve Weiss beer after 9pm - she told me! There had to be the enormous amount of female anger in the air that triggered me, because I could not see the reason, besides the fact that the bartender just wanted to make a stupid point! There were only two other persons in there besides me, so I was not going to change the pattern of ordering!

After a short debate, where I quickly realized that I never could win, I ordered any beer what so ever! I got a Helles Lagerbier Hell!! I took the HELL beer and a glass behind the bar and sat down at a bench just next to the bar, but apparently I did something wrong again. How the HELL did they find this beer for this bar! What a match!

The super sensitive bartender caught up on me and be-righted me; it was the wrong glass and as it was the first time for me in there, I had no history to use the glass I took! It was not easy to be a non-local with thirst.

Otherwise the place resembled a log hut from Austria with pine wood work everywhere, but the most amazing thing was the ceiling. They were apparently getting ready for Christmas with small mirror balls everywhere. I had not seen anything as kitschy as this since I had a Swiss diner in Brussels New Years eve with some friends where they had cows everywhere!!

Maybe it was the environment that triggered her early customer service approach!!
Christmas is near - or what!!
If you see this dont enter!
Chokk says:
And sweet - I would like that:))
Chokk says:
True - I notice how people also like to put you in a box due to something like your birthday, nationality, colour or something. To me this does not matter:))))
I think I am Libra - not thinking much about that