Herrnstrasse, Munich, Germany

Mara Munich Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Mara and the beer from Hell Jul 11, 2009
I really did not know what I did wrong besides walking in to this place at all.

This place is situated on the Square on the corner of Herrnstrasse and Hochbr├╝ckenstrasse. Mara is open mornings until 10 am, so maybe I was way too early and not a part the group of regulars who meet after spending the night awake on the job: taxi drivers, doormen, and the employees of surrounding hotels and restaurants.

I ordered a Weiss beer but I was too late! To LATE - they had just opend!! They did not serve Weiss beer after 9pm - she told me! There had to be the enormous amount of female anger in the air that triggered me, because I could not see the reason, besides the fact that the bartender just wanted to make a stupid point! There were only two other persons in there besides me, so I was not going to change the pattern of ordering!

After a short debate, where I quickly realized that I never could win, I ordered any beer what so ever! I got a Helles Lagerbier Hell!! I took the HELL beer and a glass behind the bar and sat down at a bench just next to the bar, but apparently I did something wrong again. How the HELL did they find this beer for this bar! What a match!

The super sensitive bartender caught up on me and be-righted me; it was the wrong glass and as it was the first time for me in there, I had no history to use the glass I took! It was not easy to be a non-local with thirst.

Otherwise the place resembled a log hut from Austria with pine wood work everywhere, but the most amazing thing was the ceiling. They were apparently getting ready for Christmas with small mirror balls everywhere. I had not seen anything as kitschy as this since I had a Swiss diner in Brussels New Years eve with some friends where they had cows everywhere!!

Maybe it was the environment that triggered her early customer service approach!!
Christmas is near - or what!!
If you see this dont enter!
Chokk says:
And sweet - I would like that:))
Chokk says:
True - I notice how people also like to put you in a box due to something like your birthday, nationality, colour or something. To me this does not matter:))))
I think I am Libra - not thinking much about that