Maple Hill Campsites

Check Bristol Hotel Deals

Maple Hill Campsites Bristol Reviews

craigb05 craigb05
Great, Quiet, Campground Aug 24, 2011
When I was planning my trip out to New England I was looking for a campground to spend the first night. I was looking at state parks in Vermont, but they require a two night stay, which wasn't going to work with my plans. After looking at different campgrounds in Northwest Vermont, I noticed this small campground on the lower portion of the map. The Campground was Maple Hill Campsites. After looking at the website, this seemed like the place to be. I wasn't looking for a jammed packed campground where everyone is standing over each other. This place looked like a quiet place where you could enjoy nature and be in total comfort.

It was a fantastic drive on the way to the campground and from the drive you could tell this place was secluded and peaceful. I pulled up and was met with the nicest person I have ever met. The owner was extremely helpful and friendly. She even walked to the campsite to make sure everything was okay. After getting everything set up the owner said there was a swimming hole just down the highway. After swimming for a while it was great to have a fire, which wood was very cheap. I wasn't feeling like opening something up to drink late at night, so I grabbed my Nalgene bottle and made my way to the water faucet. I was thinking it would be your typical campground water. I was pleasantly surprised how good the water was. I went back twice and filled my bottle up before I left the next morning.

The campgrounds quiet hours are FANTASTIC. Though I don't think they needed them, because it was quiet the whole time I was there. It was great to sit by the fire and listen to nature and watch the stars. When going to bed there wasn't a sound and when I got up it was great to be awoken by the sounds of nature.

Next time I am in Vermont I know where I will be spending my nights. Great place if you are looking a quiet place to relax and see nature.
The campsite is setup
The campsite
A view of the campsite from the car

Check Bristol Hotel Deals