Manzara

www.manzararestaurant.com - +90(384)271 2712

Manzara Goreme Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Great views, good food Feb 21, 2011
We had lunch at Manzara on our last afternoon in Goreme. We were recommended to come here by some fellow travelers staying at Kelebek. They spoke highly of the food, so we decided to give it a try. While we came for the food, the views were an extra bonus. They are some of the best in the downtown area. The restaurant itself is rather modest and plain, but the large windows surrounding the restaurant look out onto a terrace and the landscapes beyond. The restaurant hardly needs any d├ęcor with views like that.

I decided to try one of the tandoori lamb pots, a lamb stew that is prepared and served in a clay pot that then has to be broken open to eat. The waiter brought the tandoori pot to the table with a small hammer and with some ceremony gave it a slight tap-tap and the top snapped off, releasing a puff of steam and some pleasing aromas from the stew inside. It was quite delicious and warming, not too heavily spiced and very fresh. Sometimes I find lamb is not always to my liking, but this was tender, juicy and flavorful. I was very happy with my choice. Give this novelty dish a try if you go here.

During our lunch we began to notice some balloons floating past across the landscape. First one, then two and then three. There may have been five or six of them floating here and there and around and about during lunch. It was quite pleasant and relaxing to watch. I can recommend Manzara as a good place to go for the food and the views.
Manzara